Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2003 4:11:23 PM EDT
Aybody try one of the Grease mag coversion units from Top Notch?How did it work for you?Did you install it yourself?Any info would be greatly appreciated.
43E1P
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have it on my USC. Fit / finish is great. Works flawlessly after switching to roll pins. (they send them to you free). I would like an  ambi mag release though, which doesn't seem like it would be hard to do. . . . Anyway, loosing the botl hold open to get the ability to use 30 rnds $10 mags is a good deal I think.

Edited to add: Yes, I installed it myself. It wasn't too hard.

-Justin

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Been thinking of this conversion myself,  can you put the stock lower back on and still have the bolt hold open, and function like the stock gun? Do you have to modify the upper in any way? Do you need to but it through an FFL?

Thanks in advance JBhunter
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you can put the stock lower back on and it'll be right back to how it was. Bolt hold open and all. You DO have to modify the upper. You need to shave between 1/16 and 1/8 of an inch off the inside of the hole the mag goes through, or else the mag won't go in. It is minor, easy, and doesn't effect the gun any. You do not need to go through an FFL, as the UPPER on a USC is the firearm. The lower is nothing.

Later,
Justin

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top