Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/4/2022 10:27:59 AM EDT
I doubt it will replace the B&T side folder I have, but it might be fun to play with.  It was about $140 shipped from Red Wolf, and it took a couple of weeks to arrive.

It came with a buffer.  The cap is steel (it attracts a magnet), and the arms are aluminum.  The mechanism doesn’t seem as smooth as the real A3 stocks I’ve handled, which could be because it’s new or maybe is just indicative of the overall quality.

It slid on the receiver just fine.  It wasn’t as tight as my B&T side folder, but it is not loose.

Overall, I will probably just use my B&T and keep the A3 for larping around my house.  I might take it out for a single range session, but I like the longer LOP and the feel of the B&T.

I’m actually tempted to buy an AP5 just to install this on and see how it goes with extended use.

Pics!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
While it may feel like it's built well, they build those with the most inexpensive materials available using the least expensive manufacturing processes available only to withstand minor manipulation during the warranty period of the airsoft gun, and don't take recoil, heat or anything else that use on a real firearm would involve.

If you put it on a .22LR MP5 clone, it may be OK - but if you put it on a 9mm MP5 and use it, I bet it will destroy itself fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, ATI stopped making their version of it - which was really well made.  German HK ones are around $1K.  While it doesn't represent the classic look, Magpul's stock comes out this year and is about $150:

https://hkparts.net/product/magpul-sl-stock-mp5-sp5-hk94.htm/
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While it may feel like it's built well, they build those with the most inexpensive materials available using the least expensive manufacturing processes available only to withstand minor manipulation during the warranty period of the airsoft gun, and don't take recoil, heat or anything else that use on a real firearm would involve.

If you put it on a .22LR MP5 clone, it may be OK - but if you put it on a 9mm MP5 and use it, I bet it will destroy itself fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, ATI stopped making their version of it - which was really well made.  German HK ones are around $1K.  While it doesn't represent the classic look, Magpul's stock comes out this year and is about $150:

View Quote

Yeah, I definitely would not trust it as an actual firearm accessory.

I hope MKE can import some of their stocks.  That would fill a great void.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed.  You'd think that with Century already importing their firearms and magazines, that they'd naturally want to import the stocks as well.  I'm sure they could make a good margin on them given the demand.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a factory HK stock for your German SP5. That airsoft stock is not to be trusted.

Get on the notification list for a factory German F-stock from Midwest Gun Works. It will run you about $500.

Or get the Magpul when it’s released.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Steel?  Wow.  I don't see how it could be worse than polymer, but let us know how it works!

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish the original A3’s weren’t stupid expensive. I have a HK 2-position F stock but it just doesn’t look the same.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d want the real thing, but don’t discount the air soft gear either.  Those guys are pretty hard on their gear, and actually use it.  It’s not all flimsy garbage.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd want the real thing, but don't discount the air soft gear either.  Those guys are pretty hard on their gear, and actually use it.  It's not all flimsy garbage.
View Quote
No, it's not all flimsy garbage, but the metal that's almost always used in airsoft stuff is a zinc alloy, which is barely OK for .22LR (that's what most .22LR handgun slides are made from - like the P22, etc), but anything recoiling above a .22lr - it won't last long.  Further, the things like the "buffer" they may have on the stock, are not built to actually take recoil or heat.  Gun parts need to take more than just use from handling - they need to be able to withstand recoil, heat, vibration, etc.  They don't take those factors into play when designing airsoft accessories.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#9]
If the metal attracts a magnet, its steel (it has iron in it) If its heavy but doesn't attact a magnet, Zinc, if its light aluminum.

I'd love to see a youtuber shoot one til it fails.  I've assembled an A3 stock from spare HK parts, its not super strong but steel.  I' can't see how polymer would be stronger and yet we have polymer back plates on stocks.

I hope the OP keeps us informed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I used an airsoft Scorpion folding stock on mine for years after I SBR'ed it until parts became available and I finally got a Reptilia/Zhukov folder for it.  I agree with you and others that I wouldn't go to war with one, but why not run it on a range toy until it breaks or is otherwise useless? YMMV

Stephen
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#11]
May be worth giving one a shot.
What does a new HK A3 run, $450ish?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try $850 - $1200+ for a legit German A3

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I would try this on an old Todd Bailey special, because why not. I wouldn't try this on a $3,000 legitimate HK weapon that's been SBR'd.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish.. I would have bought several at that price
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#15]
A3F stocks can be had around $450. It’s the standard A3s that sell for a grandish.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A3F stocks can be had around $450. It’s the standard A3s that sell for a grandish.
View Quote

Not no more they don’t…

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#17]

2 pos may go for more but I’ve seen these come and go several times recently.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

2 pos may go for more but I've seen these come and go several times recently.
View Quote
Those were in-stock in January, but sold out in a matter of hours, as I understand it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Of all the accessories out there - and $1k for A3 stocks - Why is no one bringing out a copy for a reasonable price?

I'm confused why the market can't respond - I can almost buy a clone for the price of the stock??!!! - the prices for stocks that are rising in price are intercepting the prices for clones that are dropping in price.  

Maybe I'll put up a trade for a HK made A3 stock for a complete century MP5 clone and get the airsoft stock for it.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#20]
They had to of made a ridiculous amount of A3 MP5 stocks as well

Someone somewhere is sitting on a pile of them I suspect
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They had to of made a ridiculous amount of A3 MP5 stocks as well

Someone somewhere is sitting on a pile of them I suspect
View Quote

They had to have made a huge amount of them. Considering how many MP5s were made.

You're probably right somebody somewhere has a huge pallet of them in the back of the warehouse
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm.  Looking at my H&K P9s, I'd say it was made to the tune of this verbiage
with the most inexpensive materials available using the least expensive manufacturing processes available only to withstand minor manipulation during the warranty period of

H&K's (like Stamped G3s vs M14 or Garand) were made to take advantage of cheap manufacturing and less refined materials to achieve very inexpensive production changing the paradigm of what quality materials was in firearms.  What we think of as "quality" was actually at the time, the cheap methods of the day.  Frankly if you take a stock apart or build one (Most parts you can get from RTG) they don't show an impressive amount precision and they don't have to - Polymer stocks and simple aluminum and polymer backplates seem to have worked well enough for the MP5.

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#24]
After someone on Reddit posted about these airsoft stocks, I ordered one.

I'm very pleased with it mounted on my POF.
I'll run it until it breaks.

I don't think it's as cheap as you guys assume, but time will tell.

I had one of the ATI stocks that had been converted to a brace.
The airsoft one is as sturdy and well built as that was, if not better.

If you watch any of the European guys on YouTube going to giant airsoft "parks" with deserted buildings, vehicles, and barricades, it looks like they run their gear a lot harder than I do mine.
If it breaks I'll report back here.

As it is now I really like it.
The fit is perfect, and it was supposedly built under H&K license.
I wanted the classic stock, but there was no way I was going to pay $600 or more for a worn out one.

As I said, we'll see how it holds up, but I like it a lot.

ETA:
It takes the standard H&K buffer.
Others have pointed out that the buffer is slightly different than the H&K part.

The next time they come in stock at Redwolf Airsoft I need to order a couple.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you watch any of the European guys on YouTube going to giant airsoft "parks" with deserted buildings, vehicles, and barricades, it looks like they run their gear a lot harder than I do mine.

I wanted the classic stock, but there was no way I was going to pay $600 or more for a worn out one.

ETA:
View Quote

Thanks for the posting.  I have a few POFs, and C93 SBRs that have HK factory stocks but ordered one of these airsoft stocks.  I can't imagine stocks will get cheaper for facsimiles.

I will report back after receipt and I give it a try.  I am a little too large to do the McClane elevator drop weight test. but might try to compare its materials to a nearly complete set of A3 stock parts from RTG I have.

Test is at 2:33 at video below.

Die Hard (1988) air duct scene
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thanks for the posting.  I have a few POFs, and C93 SBRs that have HK factory stocks but ordered one of these airsoft stocks.  I can't imagine stocks will get cheaper for facsimiles.

I will report back after receipt and I give it a try.  I am a little too large to do the McClane elevator drop weight test. but might try to compare its materials to a nearly complete set of A3 stock parts from RTG I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFpF6uFq3GA
View Quote

Oh no now you're not getting off that easy. You have to do the John McClane ventilator shaft test. Now I'm not going to tell you that you have to do it and drop you know couple of hundred feet, but at least you have to drop two or three feet.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Good on you cherenkov.
I would like to know what you find out.

Mine rides to the range in a padded bag, shoots a few rounds, then home for a nap in the safe.
And l barely have time for that.

I’d be interested in what a few other owners think of the airsoft stock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#28]
What stock are we discussing here? I tired to search for it on Red Wolf Airsoft with no luck yet, all I found was one with some extra parts attached for the airsoft gun that definitely wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#29]
On the original H&K MP5 A3 stocks, the back plates, strut arms, as well as the components which lock the strut arms are all steel. On the airsoft version, those parts are more than likely made of cast zinc. Zinc looks good and is heavy, which gives the illusion of "high quality" to people who don't know any better. Zinc is a very brittle material, yet at the same time it is very soft. So it wants to crack, as well as deform, when subjected to even low levels of repeated stress and/or impact- like when firing an MP5.

I would bet that the failure point to first appear will be the back plate cracking away from the receiver, at the retaining pin hole. No matter how gentle you are handling that stock, the bolt assembly will still be pounding it every time you fire a round. You will definitely want to at least wear safety glasses, or preferably a ballistic face shield, when using a zinc stock on a real gun.

This could potentially be a Darwin Award moment, so be sure to take video...

Edit to add:
If these do in fact have steel back plates, they will not catastrophically "let go" after an unpredictable round count, and send the broken top section of the end cap flying back into your face. That is what a zinc end cap will do.

A steel end cap, even if it's cheap, "soup can" grade steel, will bend and deform before failing completely, so you should get some warning before it completely lets go on you. The cheapo stock might gouge up the rear of your MP5 receiver as it deforms, so that would be something to keep an eye on during disassembly/cleaning.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
On the original H&K MP5 A3 stocks, the back plates, strut arms, as well as the components which lock the strut arms are all steel. On the airsoft version, those parts are more than likely made of cast zinc. Zinc looks good and is heavy, which gives the illusion of "high quality" to people who don't know any better. Zinc is a very brittle material, yet at the same time it is very soft. So it wants to crack, as well as deform, when subjected to even low levels of repeated stress and/or impact- like when firing an MP5.

I would bet that the failure point to first appear will be the back plate cracking away from the receiver, at the retaining pin hole. No matter how gentle you are handling that stock, the bolt assembly will still be pounding it every time you fire a round. You will definitely want to at least wear safety glasses, or preferably a ballistic face shield, when using a zinc stock on a real gun.

This could potentially be a Darwin Award moment, so be sure to take video...

Edit to add:
If these do in fact have steel back plates, they will not catastrophically "let go" after an unpredictable round count, and send the broken top section of the end cap flying back into your face. That is what a zinc end cap will do.

A steel end cap, even if it's cheap, "soup can" grade steel, will bend and deform before failing completely, so you should get some warning before it completely lets go on you. The cheapo stock might gouge up the rear of your MP5 receiver as it deforms, so that would be something to keep an eye on during disassembly/cleaning.
View Quote

You haven't seen the B&T All Polymer stocks?  6061 Factory Aluminum back covers without buffers?  I have the steel parts and will try to compare.  I won't say anything is superior without looking, but QUALITY IS THE ENEMY OF GOOD ENOUGH IN THIS ROLE.

Darwin Award moment?  My wife will be looking forward to the insurance check.

BTW- H&K moved to nearly all polymer construction on systems like the UMP, G36, including back plates, stocks, receivers and fire control groups.
The UMP is direct blowback all polymer and doesn't explode, the MP5 is delayed blowback and seemingly would offer less recoil impulse than a UMP

Lots of the German H&K purists don't typically understand the guns they worship actually work OR they feel compelled to put down everything non-German to justify paying exorbitant prices on German made parts - and enjoying German made stuff is absolutely fine - I do too - you don't have to  Germany certainly perfected it but they aren't the only entity that can make a stock or back-plate.  It can break with time and prematurely wear out or crack but we will see.

I can afford German made now that I have accrued enough wealth but many can't and want to enjoy the same things - clones, copies, etc.  H&K Germany wasn't too kind to the enthusiast by prevent selling these guns and parts direct for decades.

BTW- H&K moved to nearly all polymer construction on systems like the UMP, G36, including back plates, stocks, receivers and fire control groups.

There are those H&K fanboys that Think H&K Germany is the only ethnicity that can make a sheetmetal 1960s gun?  The guys that sold their left arm for a Zenith 5 years ago and then sold their right arm for a German made Sp5 spitting on the Zenith.

When H&K advanced to the VP70 AFTER the Mp5 - They really showed their materials and craftsmanship didn't they.  Its marginal for safety and materials - They aren't the only entity that can make guns.  They have cool guns that I enjoy but I'm willing to look at copies, especially when the Germans deliberately limit the market of the their own firearms.  
H&K VP70 - Trash Tier Pistol

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You haven't seen the B&T All Polymer stocks?  6061 Factory Aluminum back covers without buffers?  I have the steel parts and will try to compare.  I won't say anything is superior without looking, but QUALITY IS THE ENEMY OF GOOD ENOUGH IN THIS ROLE.

Darwin Award moment?  My wife will be looking forward to the insurance check.

The UMP is direct blowback all polymer and doesn't explode, the MP5 is delayed blowback and seemingly would offer less recoil impulse than a UMP

Lots of the German H&K purists don't typically understand the guns they worship actually work OR they feel compelled to put down everything non-German to justify paying exorbitant prices on German made parts - and enjoying German made stuff is absolutely fine - I do too - you don't have to  Germany certainly perfected it but they aren't the only entity that can make a stock or back-plate.  It can break with time and prematurely wear out or crack but we will see.

I can afford German made now that I have accrued enough wealth but many can't and want to enjoy the same things - clones, copies, etc.  H&K Germany wasn't too kind to the enthusiast by prevent selling these guns and parts direct for decades.

There are those H&K fanboys that Think H&K Germany is the only ethnicity that can make a sheetmetal 1960s gun?  The guys that sold their left arm for a Zenith 5 years ago and then sold their right arm for a German made Sp5 spitting on the Zenith.

When H&K advanced to the VP70 AFTER the Mp5 - They really showed their materials and craftsmanship didn't they.  Its marginal for safety and materials - They aren't the only entity that can make guns.  They have cool guns that I enjoy but I'm willing to look at copies, especially when the Germans deliberately limit the market of the their own firearms.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjhUUgxgVhc

View Quote
You're equating the polymer that HK uses with the polymer that Airsoft manufacturers use in trying to justify that it'll be OK?

I am far from an HK purist - but I wouldn't put any Airsoft stuff that might be subjected to recoil or heat on any firearm that isn't a .22LR and expect it not to fail in a catastrophic way.  

My GSG MP5-22 clone from over a decade ago wears an Airsoft A3 stock on it.  I also had an Airsoft lower frame on it (for the looks) - but that cracked after only the second time at the range and less than 500 rounds, so I put the OEM one back on it.  That part doesn't take much recoil - certainly less than the stock.  I expect that the stock isn't far behind - though I haven't shot that gun since that day (been close to 10 years).
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#32]

For what it’s worth, I bought one of these F stocks, too. It’s better than the airsoft one, but 5x the price.  

Quoted:
What stock are we discussing here? I tired to search for it on Red Wolf Airsoft with no luck yet, all I found was one with some extra parts attached for the airsoft gun that definitely wouldn't work.
View Quote

It’s this one:

https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/accessories-grips-and-stocks-gbb-vfc-mp5-retractable-buttstock-for-umarex-mp5-series-gbbr.html

Ignore the spring assembly in the listing’s picture.  It only comes with what I’ve shown in the OP.  Here’s a picture of the box:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

For what it’s worth, I bought one of these F stocks, too. It’s better than the airsoft one, but 5x the price.  

It’s this one:

https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/accessories-grips-and-stocks-gbb-vfc-mp5-retractable-buttstock-for-umarex-mp5-series-gbbr.html

Ignore the spring assembly in the listing’s picture.  It only comes with what I’ve shown in the OP.  Here’s a picture of the box:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/438110/F12AD4F5-9039-4DFD-9B96-7561B0AE4BD4_jpe-2386166.JPG
View Quote

For 100 bucks thats honestly tempting

Every now and again those airsoft things will work fine on a real gun. Not saying this is the case but its not like the MP5 really has a ton of recoil to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I can hardly wait to take a close look and compare the HK parts I have just for the fun of it.

I had built an A3 replica stock (brace using a tailhook rather than stock) from the parts listed at RTG and the strut arms from a 93/33 also from RTG. Sorry for the crappy walmart spray paint on the parts.  

The struts (not pictured) are steel and all of the parts shown above here from RTG are magnetic/steel.  I wish I had access to an XRF alloy analyzer still, but don't anymore.  It doesn't seem fancy it files and scratches rather easily but not easy to determine the steel alloy exactly.

So if the parts on the airsoft unit will interchange you might be able to upgrade to a real HK steel Buffer plate assembly for $13 from RTG.
RTG Real Steel HK MP5 Buffer Plate

Odd that My Factory HK stocks for MP5 (have the non-F longer one with the BHO cut) has a plastic lever, and so does the 93 stock I picked up in the 90s.

At some point HK must have changes some of the materials - a lever osn't that critical.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I ordered one from Redwolf Airsoft as OP showed on May 11.  It came today (June 1) via UPS.  Not too bad.

-Packaging was nice both factory and overpacked box arrived and provided good protection in shipping from handling dropping damage.
-Its marked Made in Taiwan NOT CHINA.

Dimensionally nearly identical to the HK parts.  I think the actual weldment backplate extension in the Real HK is a little more robustly made and welded to the housing but the airsoft one isn't badly done.

-Mostly Steel as determined by magnet (its got an iron/steel alloy of some sort)  The legs of the stock are aluminum as others have mentioned.  Seems solid, not flimsy or cheap feeling.  Lever seems to be aluminum  Possibly zinc.  I don't think it has zinc parts but perhaps the lever is Zinc instead of aluminum - it seems too light to be zinc.  On my real HK stocks this is polymer so not too worried.

The weak-point in my view is the aluminum stock legs/rails at the locking lug cut outs.  Being aluminum,  As recoil impacts the locking point it may wear faster than steel, which might mean it could not lock solidly as it wears down.  It locks very solid right currently.  I doubt it will wear down quickly.
The inner backplate may not hold up as well, but seems fairly solid.  The buffer looks good and might take most of the beating away.  The endcap on my POF reverse stretch is just aluminum no buffer so go figure.

I'm going to try it on my POF MP5 (SBR) clone shooting this week so will give it a 200+ round workout to start.  Ammo isn't cheap and with the whole 9mm will blow out the lungs hype going around ammo might be harder to get soon. (lets hope not).

Overall - I think its better made than the retractable braces as a very rough comparison, not as high quality as real German all steel version -  but I think its going to hold up fine.   Certainly impressed for under $150.  For a clone, I'm happy with it but time will tell with testing.   More to come soon.

The rectangular objects in the photos are magnets.

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Seems reasonably well made compared to the Real HK "Universal" Non-F stock I have on my SBR currently.  The Universal stock has more plastic parts on it (backplate cover, lever) than the airsoft copy.  

The fit on the POF MP5 pistol that I SBR'd is nearly identical, requires a love tap with a rubber mallett and fits fine.  The airsoft stock rubs a little more than the real deal and has friction, and I added a layer of grease which smoothed it up after a few passes of opening and closing.

It looks nice.  

What does a real MP5 H&K Universal stock go for these days?  Maybe I should sell it : )  I do like how the universal is longer for my gorilla length arms though.

Size comparison photos below, back of the HK plate is plastic with mold mark) and fit on MP5 clone (POF SBR).

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for that thorough comparison.

I have one and feel it's not bad for the money.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#38]
I shot over 200 rounds through the MP5 clone today with the airsoft stock, no apparent damage or cracking to the plate, buffer looks like a normal buffer and doing its job.

If you aren't a purist, this might be the way to go - thanks to OP for posting.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I’d be interested in hearing about your range report and how it holds up.  See what it actually does to the buffer.

Thanks OP for posting
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’d be interested in hearing about your range report and how it holds up.  See what it actually does to the buffer.

Thanks OP for posting
View Quote

I put another box through it yesterday Still holding up, but that isn't much of a test, I was feeding my Powder Springs MAC10 the majority of ammo.

The buffer is impacted with marks, but holding up fine.

The buffer is slightly different in shape than the standard HK buffer, but appears very similar, the hole for the buffer in the Airsoft stock is larger in diameter, a real HK buffer 's butt plug is smaller in diameter but will hold in place although I'd think an adhesive might be helpful.  

I think If I ever see cracking or wear, I will swap the remaining airsoft parts onto my spare real HK steel A3 backplate assembly, as they do fit!

I'm not fond of the shorter length versus the Universal HK stock length, I have long arms and find the longer stock more comfortable, despite the shorter being more "correct" length for standard MP5s.

Oddly I find the HK standard fixed stock to be the best for shooting - But John McClean didn't have that config.

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah, I definitely would not trust it as an actual firearm accessory.

View Quote

The rumor is Zenith will be coming out with some stock options… and hopefully affordable.   They know there’s a demand.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#42]
It will work, until it doesn’t!

I would put it on a .22 but that is about it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#43]
I let my wife shoot it, she said it worked great but then she said the recoil is a little heavy. (just a joke she and the gun are fine )

I think the physics and math work out that the stock will contain what residual recoil energy is impacting upon the spring and backplate.  The aluminum and polymer end-caps without buffers do seem to hold up for safety.  For longevity - who knows but oddly enough after taking it apart the airsoft stock seems better made than the late HK93 stock I have with the polymer latch parts on it.  The latch on the "new" old stock HK33 A3 stock will unlatch while firing  The Airsoft is based upon the old style A3 stock and uses metal (steel and aluminum) no zinc detected.  Yes airsoft crap can be crap and weak, not arguing that, This stock actually appears to be a near copy of the early A3 MP5 stock, despite the arms being aluminum.  It isn't authentic or even sold as a real part.

HK33 A3 stock diagram that uses plastic - Darn latch work is really poor plastic that can warp easily andthe plastic lugs wear easily causing it to fold occasionally when fired.  The backplate is steel and fine, but latch is unobtanium.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I let my wife shoot it, she said it worked great but then she said the recoil is a little heavy.

I think the physics and math work out that the stock will contain what residual recoil energy is impacting upon the spring and backplate.  The aluminum and polymer end-caps without buffers do seem to hold up for safety.  For longevity - who knows but oddly enough after taking it apart the airsoft stock seems better made than the late HK93 stock I have with the polymer latch parts on it.  The latch on the "new" old stock HK33 A3 stock will unlatch while firing  The Airsoft is based upon the old style A3 stock and uses metal (steel and aluminum) no zinc detected.  Yes airsoft crap can be crap and weak, not arguing that, This stock actually appears to be a near copy of the early A3 MP5 stock, despite the arms being aluminum.  It isn't authentic or even sold as a real part.

https://live.staticflickr.com/2829/12256598673_4007fb29bc_b.jpg

If I bring this topic to the forum, I feel like I'm the guy who is bringing a go-Kart to a Porsche club show.  At least I'm not stupid. (cheap at times) but not stupid.

Same  type that are the "rubber wrench" guys that have the appearance of tough and correct - drive their super cool tough jeep with all the tough off-road gear on it, and have to have it towed to get the battery replaced and scoff at the poors that don't have the right yeti cooler cup in their truck.

HK33 A3 stock diagram that uses plastic - Darn latch work is really poor plastic that can warp easily andthe plastic lugs wear easily causing it to fold occasionally when fired.  The backplate is steel and fine, but latch is unobtanium.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/catalog/hkk_200959_c_738_detail.jpg
View Quote

@cherenkov

...idk if it's just on my end but that first pic is showing a chick who had some stage makeup to make it look like her arm was ripped off at the shoulder socket....
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@cherenkov

...idk if it's just on my end but that first pic is showing a chick who had some stage makeup to make it look like her arm was ripped off at the shoulder socket....
View Quote

Yes - It is makeup (not real) of someone on the internet.

This is what can happen when you use airsoft on real guns.

We  need more public service advertisements.  When I was a kid for some reason blasting caps Public Broadcasts were popular, since these airsoft stocks are so prevalent, we need more public warnings so kids don't put airsoft on real guns.  

The Willie Mays Blasting Caps Spot
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We  need more public service advertisements.  When I was a kid for some reason blasting caps Public Broadcasts were popular, since these airsoft stocks are so prevalent, we need more public warnings so kids don't put airsoft on real guns.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skfZQ9fRpf4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@cherenkov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skfZQ9fRpf4
A warning that you might get makeup all over you if you use an airsoft stock?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
...HK33 A3 stock diagram that uses plastic - Darn latch work is really poor plastic that can warp easily andthe plastic lugs wear easily causing it to fold occasionally when fired.  The backplate is steel and fine, but latch is unobtanium.
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/catalog/hkk_200959_c_738_detail.jpg
View Quote

On a real H&K A3 stock, with either the late plastic or early metal lever, the internal locking piece which locks the stock arms in the extended (and retracted) position(s) is made of steel. It is part number 10 in the schematic you posted above. The lever you push to unlock the stock arms just rotates this steel locking piece, it isn't subjected to any of the force of firing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

On a real H&K A3 stock, with either the late plastic or early metal lever, the internal locking piece which locks the stock arms in the extended (and retracted) position(s) is made of steel. It is part number 10 in the schematic you posted above. The lever you push to unlock the stock arms just rotates this steel locking piece, it isn't subjected to any of the force of firing.
View Quote

Yes #10 is indeed steel, and has recess cuts that are engaged by part #13 with tiny plastic lugs.  It only needs to rotate with little friction so plastic was probably okay for the design life.  #13 parts on mine the lugs are rounded, like someone forced it to hard and rounded it so you can lift and rotate and it doesn't lock.   My stock was sold to me as New Old Stock HK, which I believe it is.  but it has never remained locked I suspect someone forced it hard while it wasn't aligned to the recess on the stock and wore the edge to keep it locked correctly.

When I took it apart I saw the rounded lugs,  I fixed it with metalset A and cured it in the oven at 150 degrees. F .  I filed it square so lugs are engaged properly.  Now it works perfect.

I did compare to the old style Metal latch which is much more thick - You can use that in the plastic stock, but you must cut it to the thinner length (front to back to match the plastic version and file the lugs to mate part 10 That also works if you have a plastic latch later stock.  

The airsoft parts are nearly identical - might be a good source for unobtainable spares - the torsion spring of the old A3 is difficult to source as an example.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Purists are hilarious.
Why should it bother anybody if someone wants to put an airsoft stock on their gun?

I wanted an MP5 stock but did not want pay $500+ for a worn out original.
I’m very pleased with the airsoft version.
It will serve my needs just fine.
If it fails I will post about it on here but I’m optimistic.

I doubt that the stock would survive excessive 12 gauge recoil but 9mm MP5 recoil is pretty soft.
Time will tell.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Purists are hilarious.
Why should it bother anybody if someone wants to put an airsoft stock on their gun?

I wanted an MP5 stock but did not want pay $500+ for a worn out original.
I’m very pleased with the airsoft version.
It will serve my needs just fine.
If it fails I will post about it on here but I’m optimistic.

I doubt that the stock would survive excessive 12 gauge recoil but 9mm MP5 recoil is pretty soft.
Time will tell.
View Quote

I mean, its cool that it works, but lets not pretend airsoft parts have a history of being bomb proof. Skepticism is warranted 9 times out of 10 when people use those parts on real guns.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top