Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2017 8:30:53 PM EDT
Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin. (This includes siglines and titles.) Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and also require admin permission.

If you wish to advertise your goods please contact; [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
%£$&!

There goes my wallet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]
What parts need conversion to semi? Is it just the lower or do you need a USC/semi carrier?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What parts need conversion to semi? Is it just the lower or do you need a USC/semi carrier?
View Quote
HDPS is what you seek.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:14:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That's pimp
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]

SBT5K Would look at home on it. You know as a pistol.

UMP B&T Stock

I don't know a whole lot about the UMP, but the MP5 Folding Mechanism looks pretty similar. Is there any chance MP5 Stocks would fit on a UMP?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

HDPS is what you seek.
View Quote
For converting a USC, sure, but this already has the stock block etc. Just wondering what semi specific parts would be needed other than the lower with semi FCG.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#7]
The lower and the ump bolt need to be converted to semi auto. Omega will professionally convert any ump full auto parts you have for free with the purchase of an upper. All you would have to do is pay for shipping the parts in and back. We will convert and ship back to you and the upper to your ffl.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#8]
So total price with brace in my estimate would be close to $2k?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The lower and the ump bolt need to be converted to semi auto. Omega will professionally convert any ump full auto parts you have for free with the purchase of an upper. All you would have to do is pay for shipping the parts in and back. We will convert and ship back to you and the upper to your ffl.
View Quote
This is great! Thank you guys! I just bought one from you on GB. Looking forward to seeing it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.sb-tactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1_SBT5K_Left-ghosted.jpg

UMP B&T Stock
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/main-view-bt-apc-fold-stck_1574_detail.jpg

I don't know a whole lot about the UMP, but the MP5 Folding Mechanism looks pretty similar. Is there any chance MP5 Stocks would fit on a UMP?
View Quote
That SBT brace would work if you take off the mp5 adapter.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link?  Looks like staff nuked the "advertising".
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent

Exlains guys selling UMPs off recently for @4K
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Is Wade Bailey related to Todd Bailey?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#14]
How does the bolt need to be modified to fit and function?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Brothers
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Is this going to be available is it complete gun?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#18]
When do you guys think these will be in??
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If we had to take a realistic guess on when we might start to see some receivers mid to late Sept and beginning to see some complete pistols in early to mid October ish. Right now the main hurdle is locating UMP kits that are reasonably priced.
View Quote
Are we looking at a price point close to the mp5 clones?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#21]
awesome gives me some time to get some coin together, I like handing you guys my money it is a win win every time...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Can we get a pic of this?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Considering an APC9, but could make adjustments for these.

The APC9 is blowback, takes expensive mags, just like the UMP. But unlike the UMP is supported by a larger mfg, takes some AR triggers, is PDW sized, and is about 2k.

Not interested in caliber switching, nor paying $900 for the kits to do so. Are there any reasons I'd even consider a UMP clone over the B&T?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.sb-tactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1_SBT5K_Left-ghosted.jpg

UMP B&T Stock
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/main-view-bt-apc-fold-stck_1574_detail.jpg

View Quote
That second link is not the UMP stock, the longer one is for the UMP but both would fit and work.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Considering an APC9, but could make adjustments for these.

The APC9 is blowback, takes expensive mags, just like the UMP. But unlike the UMP is supported by a larger mfg, takes some AR triggers, is PDW sized, and is about 2k.

Not interested in caliber switching, nor paying $900 for the kits to do so. Are there any reasons I'd even consider a UMP clone over the B&T?
View Quote
APC9 is way better than an UMP, I have got to fondle one and was not impressed. I have an APC9 and MP5 clones. GHM9 will be coming out soon and is cheaper than an APC9.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

APC9 is way better than an UMP, I have got to fondle one and was not impressed. I have an APC9 and MP5 clones. GHM9 will be coming out soon and is cheaper than an APC9.
View Quote
Fondle and shooting are 2 different things.  The UMP recoil is so linear and soft.. Its like a small push straight back.  Shoot one and see how you like it, they are very nice.  Have it in 9mm but will probably stay in 45 from now on.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brothers
That's all I needed to know.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
[They're brothers] That's all I needed to know.
View Quote
I mean... You're not wrong AT ALL.

On one hand, Todd Bailey did put out SOME ok parts for a fair price, maybe this gun runs fine.

On the other hand, you'd have to be such a fool to think Todd Bailey isn't actually involved in this nor that his brother wouldn't be prone to the same practices that made him infamous - end of story on that, but also I'm just not sure other than the unobtainum factor why anyone would line up for a unsupported clone of a gun that might end up being a tire fire when there are so many other options now.

Had this come around 5 years ago - I'd absolutely own one! But now... Man IDK. They'd really have to get the cost under 2400 for a 9mm, it won't be, but even if it was the UMP is bigger than a fullsize MP5. I'm interested, but the rational part of me is saying APC9, MP5K, MPX-K, Scorpion-K, 9mm AR from Glock mags, even a PS90. It's all trade-offs and I'm just not seeing the UMP winning anything other than "but I've never been allowed to have one!" which is some kiddo-nonsense imo.

All that said... I'm still 10% interested.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I can't find any info on this other than this thread
View Quote
There was a prototype sold on GunBroker with a picture of a non-textured first sample - Remind me - Do serious companies sell their untextured first articles out of their molds!?

And there is a thread at HK"pro" with the typical "I too have too much money" comments over there, it's not in clone talk for some reason, but in Heads Up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd like an UMP clone, but at the price I'm calculating (@$2k) I'd probably get the B&T APC9/45 instead.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There was a prototype sold on GunBroker with a picture of a non-textured first sample - Remind me - Do serious companies sell their untextured first articles out of their molds!?

And there is a thread at HK"pro" with the typical "I too have too much money" comments over there, it's not in clone talk for some reason, but in Heads Up.
View Quote
What I'm seeing on GSG9's instagram is a bit more promissing, since they're working with omega and atlantic on these Ump clones. And possibly a US G36 and MP7.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What I'm seeing on GSG9's instagram is a bit more promissing, since they're working with omega and atlantic on these Ump clones. And possibly a US G36 and MP7.
View Quote
Link?

Also... LOL@MP7. If people knew how dumb that gun was there would be almost endless threads about it. Because people can't have it - they seem to have told themselves it's NOT a really large .17 cal. I was pretty shocked when I held my first MP7 how stupid large it was for the bullet it shoots. It's funny because the PS90 is 10x more gun in a package that makes sense, with a bullet that while not being crazy is fairly decent. Civilian markets, PS90 hands down all day, military full auto with AP ammo, MAYBE the MP7 can come up to a P90 but only up to, not above. Anyone saying they're making an MP7 clone with a straight face is either in on the joke or they're about to be one.... just my opinion of course.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Link?

Also... LOL@MP7. If people knew how dumb that gun was there would be almost endless threads about it. Because people can't have it - they seem to have told themselves it's NOT a really large .17 cal. I was pretty shocked when I held my first MP7 how stupid large it was for the bullet it shoots. It's funny because the PS90 is 10x more gun in a package that makes sense, with a bullet that while not being crazy is fairly decent. Civilian markets, PS90 hands down all day, military full auto with AP ammo, MAYBE the MP7 can come up to a P90 but only up to, not above. Anyone saying they're making an MP7 clone with a straight face is either in on the joke or they're about to be one.... just my opinion of course.
View Quote
Completely agree.
The only people who could possibly want one is someone who's never used one.

I like the UMP though (just because I think it looks cool haha). Even the UMP is hard to justify using for anything other than range fun. The mk18 and 300 blackout really killed the subgun.

and lol omg MP7 lol
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Completely agree.
The only people who could possibly want one is someone who's never used one.

I like the UMP though (just because I think it looks cool haha). Even the UMP is hard to justify using for anything other than range fun. The mk18 and 300 blackout really killed the subgun.

and lol omg MP7 lol
View Quote
There doesn't need to be a reason you want one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Link?

View Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYPyK_ahLDn/?taken-by=gsg9.us
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXy1Su3BbL2/?taken-by=gsg9.us
https://www.instagram.com/gsg9.us/

MP7 in 5.7x28mm
G36 is apparently Tommybuilt receivers with GSG9 parts project.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

MP7 looks nice. Personally, while they're debating on which pointless expensive PDW cartridge they should use, I'd love to see it in a regular pistol caliber.
View Quote
I'll concede that the MP7 in 5.7 is better than a 4.6, but still... In 5.7 it only highlights to get the PS90, and in 9mm it would still be outclassed by the TP9. That gun is so much larger than people think it is, it was really made for full auto only.

The UMP guns look interesting enough, but the market will bear too high a cost to make it reasonable. These will cost just as much if not more than a good MP5, or APC9.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'll concede that the MP7 in 5.7 is better than a 4.6, but still... In 5.7 it only highlights to get the PS90, and in 9mm it would still be outclassed by the TP9. That gun is so much larger than people think it is, it was really made for full auto only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The cross bolt safety alone makes it a stupid gun.

5.7 would be better than 4.6 but then you're looking at a much larger grip. Honestly, it would be sick in 357 but you can't do that and not make it in 9 and 40.
In a 5.7x28mm though, there probably will be more people buying it over the PS90 given that accessory mounting is easier and the possibility of a pistol brace (unless it's absurdly overpriced; I saw an LE/MIL version for sale for around $1300). In any case parts/magazine availability/reliability is an issue with any MP7 clone not in the original design caliber, emphasis on magazine availability and reliability.

If it comes in at under $2000 and magazines aren't $70+ each, I'll be adding one to my collection.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If it comes in at under $2000 and magazines aren't $70+ each, I'll be adding one to my collection.
View Quote
Oh you sweet summer child...
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh you sweet summer child...
View Quote
I know it's not likely, but hey, one can dream. It'd be pretty insane for them to price themselves out of the current soft market, imo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I know it's not likely, but hey, one can dream. It'd be pretty insane for them to price themselves out of the current soft market, imo.
View Quote
HK has always been a "go be poor somewhere else" thing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

On one hand, Todd Bailey did put out SOME ok parts for a fair price, maybe this gun runs fine.

On the other hand, you'd have to be such a fool to think Todd Bailey isn't actually involved in this nor that his brother wouldn't be prone to the same practices that made him infamous - end of story on that, but also I'm just not sure other than the unobtainum factor why anyone would line up for a unsupported clone of a gun that might end up being a tire fire when there are so many other options now.

Had this come around 5 years ago - I'd absolutely own one! But now... Man IDK. They'd really have to get the cost under 2400 for a 9mm, it won't be, but even if it was the UMP is bigger than a fullsize MP5. I'm interested, but the rational part of me is saying APC9, MP5K, MPX-K, Scorpion-K, 9mm AR from Glock mags, even a PS90. It's all trade-offs and I'm just not seeing the UMP winning anything other than "but I've never been allowed to have one!" which is some kiddo-nonsense imo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[They're brothers] That's all I needed to know.

I agree....if I wanted an UMP but had a 2k budget, I'd personally settle for Swiss tested B&T subgun, over an UMP clone that is untested, BUT time will tell the story and sway the market, nothing sells a product like a reputation of quality and nothing makes a product line go tits up like a reputation for putting out turds that are paper weights out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

HK has always been a "go be poor somewhere else" thing.
View Quote
Not entirely HK doing that though. There are a few factors.

Most of the dealer sample/LE Hk stuff can be had for around the same price as any other nice firearm.
Here's an MP7 select fire fro $1,300. UMPs/MP5 can be had for $1,600-2,200. Thats really not bad.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-MP7A1-PDW-4-6x30mm-Submachine-Gun-p/hk-mp7a1.htm
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I agree....if I wanted an UMP but had a 2k budget, I'd personally settle for Swiss tested B&T subgun, over an UMP clone that is untested, BUT time will tell the story and sway the market, nothing sells a product like a reputation of quality and nothing makes a product line go tits up like a reputation for putting out turds that are paper weights out of the box.
View Quote
Agree, buy an UMP because they look cool, but for real use the B&T subguns are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not entirely HK doing that though. There are a few factors.

Most of the dealer sample/LE Hk stuff can be had for around the same price as any other nice firearm.
Here's an MP7 select fire fro $1,300. UMPs/MP5 can be had for $1,600-2,200. Thats really not bad.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-MP7A1-PDW-4-6x30mm-Submachine-Gun-p/hk-mp7a1.htm
View Quote
Yeah but the new SP5K is priced above the run of the mill clones, so it is in fact their doing.

For the small specialist manufacturers, the high costs are in line with their capacity and the amount of time they have to put in to get their guns right.

Buying used guns that are severely limited in who you can sell them to? That's why those prices are so low.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah but the new SP5K is priced above the run of the mill clones, so it is in fact their doing.

For the small specialist manufacturers, the high costs are in line with their capacity and the amount of time they have to put in to get their guns right.

Buying used guns that are severely limited in who you can sell them to? That's why those prices are so low.
View Quote
It also comes with a hard case, optic mount, sling and other stuff.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It also comes with a hard case, optic mount, sling and other stuff.
View Quote
So do the MKEs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top