Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2017 11:49:22 PM EDT
I noticed when I put on an MFI low mount that it is not sitting level and is lower towards the front. Seems the saddle for the optic mount on the receiver is a little high. I tried the mount on my Z-5P and it's perfect.

Will this cause me any issues and how would I go about fixing this?

*Update 06-23-17*

Just got my Z-5RS back from Zenith and it's all fixed. They milled the optic tab/saddle and refinished it. Also, they installed the MFI mount and it's now perfect. Many thanks to Rob and Zenith!

Fixed
Attachment Attached File

Before
Attachment Attached File

Looks like the saddle might be crooked as well
Attachment Attached File

When I apply pressure on the back of the mount the front lifts up really high, on the Z-5P it still flat and flush.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Zenith and tell them. You'll be surprised at how accommodating they are.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call Zenith and tell them. You'll be surprised at how accommodating they are.
View Quote
I emailed them two days ago and I'm still waiting for a response.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a Z-5K where the saddle was canted to the side so bad that the rail mount that came with it couldn't even be attached. They were pretty quick to respond, wound up calling me about it, sent me a return shipping label, and then wound up replacing it (by it, I mean the pistol) entirely. This was all done over christmas/new years, too, and it was still done within a couple of weeks all told, which for that time of year was pretty good. I'd be surprised if they didn't take care of you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#4]
My sample of one Z-5P did NOT like that same MFI mount.  It just did not seem solid fore/aft or side/side.  I have since used the supplied mount, a knockoff & real 10266, and a real 21241, all which mounted solid.

Have you tried another rail?

My opinion, if the rail mounts solid and you can zero the optic, is there an issue?  As mounted, my 21241 looks like the front is higher than the rear, but the optic holds zero.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My sample of one Z-5P did NOT like that same MFI mount.  It just did not seem solid fore/aft or side/side.  I have since used the supplied mount, a knockoff & real 10266, and a real 21241, all which mounted solid.

Have you tried another rail?

My opinion, if the rail mounts solid and you can zero the optic, is there an issue?  As mounted, my 21241 looks like the front is higher than the rear, but the optic holds zero.
View Quote
The supplied mount does the same thing. Still waiting for a response from Zenith.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Call them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't able to call them before closing today, I'll call them tomorrow.

Sent another email just in case they didn't get the first one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Have a similar problem myself.  Will be watching to see how your situation is resolved.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have a similar problem myself.  Will be watching to see how your situation is resolved.
View Quote
Due to my schedule currently, I'm not able to call them during their business hours. Still no reply from my emails, been dealing with Rob personally for all my purchases, maybe he's too busy. Just filled out a Warranty return/repair form, hopefully someone will finally get in touch.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#10]
What email address are you trying to contact?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What email address are you trying to contact?
View Quote
[email protected] & [email protected].
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Odd, Rob got back to me quickly when I had issues.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Odd, Rob got back to me quickly when I had issues.
View Quote
Rob just got back to me this morning. He said he just got caught up on his emails and needed me to clarify the problem I'm having. Rob will talk to the gunsmith and they might be able to mill out the tab/saddle so the mount will work.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Zenith sent me a shipping label and it's on it's way back. I sent both optic mounts with it and they will make sure they both fit and will mill the optics tab/saddle if needed. Pretty happy it's being taken care of.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Rob and their CS in general has been fantastic the few times I dealt with them. Glad to hear they are taking care of you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Rob and the crew @ Zenith are great !!
View Quote
Yes, they are. I am very grateful for everything they have done for me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Glad to hear it, their CS is great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top