Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 5:14:34 PM EDT
Anyone had any experience with Jason at IGF?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I had him build me a MP5K from an LSC flat last year.  I also have a couple more projects in the works with him.  I've chosen to use him as my go to for HK clones and other HK related work.

The finish he uses is outstanding as well as his engraving work.  And he lets you choose your own model and serial #.  It was the little details like that that made me go with IGF.  And the quoted wait times were within reason.  Anything specific you wanna know?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent him my hkmr556 upper to be cut down and it seems that the nitride part is taking a lot longer than he had told me. I was wondering if this is pretty common?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent him a MR556 upper as well to be cut down and nitrided.  I'm guessing we are in the same batch.  I sent mine in 3/23, when did you send yours in?  From what I've heard his turnaround on cut down uppers is generally pretty quick, however I do think he's a little slower than normal right now.

I'm not worried, but I sent him the upper knowing it could be a couple months before I see it.  My MP5K ended up taking a year, but originally quoted 8 months.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
He got mine 3-11 and quoted me 4-8-2015 saying it would be back around then. I'm kind of regretting the nitride treatment as it would have been back already! That's crazy 8 months, what were you having done? Frankly I only decided to send it in since I was told it would be back in that timeframe [%|. My form1 will probably clear before I get it back
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent him a MR556 upper as well to be cut down and nitrided.  I'm guessing we are in the same batch.  I sent mine in 3/23, when did you send yours in?  From what I've heard his turnaround on cut down uppers is generally pretty quick, however I do think he's a little slower than normal right now.

I'm not worried, but I sent him the upper knowing it could be a couple months before I see it.  My MP5K ended up taking a year, but originally quoted 8 months.
View Quote

What length did u get it chopped to and did u get it re profiled?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He got mine 3-11 and quoted me 4-8-2015 saying it would be back around then. I'm kind of regretting the nitride treatment as it would have been back already! That's crazy 8 months, what were you having done? Frankly I only decided to send it in since I was told it would be back in that timeframe [%|. My form1 will probably clear before I get it back
View Quote

Ah yeah I can understand your frustration.  Not trying to make excuses for him, but it seems pretty common, at least in the world of HK builders, for time frames to be missed.  I've heard of some projects going on for 2-3 years!  That's why when I decided to venture down this path I immediately prepped myself for potential long wait.  But yeah, a barrel chop and refinish shouldn't take forever.

The 8 month project was a ground up build for a MP5K.  It only took him a couple weeks to actually build it, but that's how long his backlog was last year.

I went with the 10.4" barrel length, modified gas block, and lightweight re-profile.  I added the nitride at last minute since he said he had a batch going out, otherwise I was planning to skip it.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Jayson received my factory MR556 upper on 3/26 and he cut it to 10.4", re-threaded 1/2x28, reprofiled it for .720 "AR", engraved my form 1 trust info, and reparked the barrel. Then installed 416 10.4" gas block, reassembled, and it was ready to ship today, 4/17. I will get it early next week.

Overall, without yet seeing/holding finish product- communication was great. Prices were great. Answered all my questions above and beyond what I expected. Unless it shows up next week and looks like shit, I am pretty sold on using him for HK MR556 work.

I skipped the nitride, as I felt if HK didnt have the barrels nitrided already, I didnt want to wait the additional time for an outside contractor to do the work. (Full disclosure: part of my reservation on this, comes from having a pistol IonBond DLC finished, in which pistol had to go to FFL, THEN to IonBond, then BACK to FFL for re-assemble, and finally back to me. And as you have probably guessed, the initial 4-6 weeks turned into 4-6 months. So any time I have to deal with more than 1 shop for work, I get leery)
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea I'm starting to think that was a mistake. He seems very professional and answered all my questions. Only went with nitride because he said it would only take a week since I got it to him early. Now I'm waiting so far on a 5 week turn around time and no real answer in sight as to when he plans on shipping it back.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I used IGF for some work on my Ca53ar.  He added a paddle mag release, engraved my sbr info, reworked the magwell so the mags fit tighter, and refinished. It has been awhile, but I remember it only taking a few weeks. A friend of mine had a Sw mp5 completley rebuilt. Both turned out great and the finish is awesome! He is kinda of high in price though...

James

Ps he had really good comunication...
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea I would like to see his work on my upper. When I get it back I'm planning on sending him my mp5 and 74u
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#11]
He does great work he did two MR556 uppers for me came out great. I also sent him my MR762 upper get cut down to 13 3/4" Ill be getting back next week and gas block that had a plug put in for my 10" mr556. His turn around time is pretty good.  His work looks great
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Had him build me a CETME parts kit on a Portuguese receiver which was very nice.  He also did an AK-74 for me as well.  Excellent work.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]

I recently had Jayson G3K a PTR-91,
and customized another PTR-91, and..
Customized a POF-5K.

His work is absolutely flawless.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm waiting on a repair on an HK53 he built - over a year now.

I've followed up dozens of times easily.

It's a class 3 so I'm not worried about it going missing but it is very frustrating.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Can we get some pictures please thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I will, ASAP. His UPS driver messed up and went to his old business address, so my upper was late shipping back to me. *SUPPOSED* to arrive tomorrow now. Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Yea that's what happened to mine. I was just interested to see what results others were getting from him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I received word that my upper should be going out Thurs or Fri. I'll update when I know more.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#19]
If we were to have someone build us a gun, we would send it to IGF. Jason does great work.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Dealer I bought my MR556 upper kit from shipped it to Jayson in an HK hard-case. I was worried Jayson sent me the wrong job, when I saw UPS packing that up to my door.

Exactly what I was expecting. Other than normal handling marks, I cant see anything wrong. SUPER light compared to 16.5"

Went 10.4" with .720 profile. Trust engraving is clean. Visible through port in handguard. Refinish work is nice as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#21]
That looks like the box I sent mine in??
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#22]
That does look super clean mine should be back today. Glad to hear the engraving is nice. I see you went with the 416 gas block.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#23]
It looks better in person than the photos. My kitchen has overhead can lights, so trying to get a shot of it without casting a shadow, and using a cellphone- sucks!

The engraving is partially obscured. You can read my entire trust name, but not location, without removing the handguard. Would have been nice to have split it up into 2 different vent holes so both were 100% visible- but whatever. Not sweating it.

Yes I used correct 10" 416 gas block. I don't know how it will run suppressed but I have heard mixed results, so we'll see. Maybe someday the A5 block will surface and we can use that and everyone will be happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone had any experience with Jason at IGF?
View Quote

He is busy, and his turnaround times can be slow.

But he did grade-A work for me and I couldn't be happier with his results.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It looks better in person than the photos. My kitchen has overhead can lights, so trying to get a shot of it without casting a shadow, and using a cellphone- sucks!

The engraving is partially obscured. You can read my entire trust name, but not location, without removing the handguard. Would have been nice to have split it up into 2 different vent holes so both were 100% visible- but whatever. Not sweating it.

Yes I used correct 10" 416 gas block. I don't know how it will run suppressed but I have heard mixed results, so we'll see. Maybe someday the A5 block will surface and we can use that and everyone will be happy.
View Quote

Yea I'm waiting to pick up my RC suppressor to run on it. I'm running the fixed diopter sights and a T2, the nitride finish looks pretty sweet though glad I went with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yea I'm waiting to pick up my RC suppressor to run on it. I'm running the fixed diopter sights and a T2, the nitride finish looks pretty sweet though glad I went with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea when you'll see your upper?

I was waiting for SilencerShop to get a Surefire Socom RC back in stock, first it was end of March, then end of March came and went.. Finally they just said "We don't know" so I found one locally for $200 less. Oh well. Form 3 went in today for it, so hoping by the end of October I will have it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#27]
My expierence was that he does great work, but it will take a while.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I was waiting for SilencerShop to get a Surefire Socom RC back in stock, first it was end of March, then end of March came and went.. Finally they just said "We don't know" so I found one locally for $200 less. Oh well. Form 3 went in today for it, so hoping by the end of October I will have it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I received it on Friday sadly I was out of town and I only got a picture of it, I just noticed that it looks like it's marred though I'm attempting to find out if that's really the case since it went to him brand new!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stupid question...why is the engraving on the upper?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Less visible and so you don't go engraving a expensive ass lower. I did the same thing it's on the barrel since it's the only upper I'm using
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Less visible and so you don't go engraving a expensive ass lower. I did the same thing it's on the barrel since it's the only upper I'm using
View Quote

Yep. MR556 will only run its factory 16.5" upper, or 10.4" 416 upper. I have other AR-15s for anything else. Might as well engrave the chopped barrel, if I ever want to sell it as factory I can put 16.5" upper on it  and NFA is not an issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Saw my upper today and wow I'm very happy I sent it in to be chopped. It's night and day compared to the factory 16.5 inch barrel. Also picked up my surefire rc supressor today going to be a fun weekend at the range!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Had a SW5 built by him in the early 2000s.  Looked amazing, the markings and refinish was top notch and he also tightened up the magwell so HK mags fit nicely.  The only issue I had with it was bad SW parts and the kit coming with 308 G3 parts.  It took quite a while but he always returned my emails whenever I had a concern.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Saw my upper today and wow I'm very happy I sent it in to be chopped. It's night and day compared to the factory 16.5 inch barrel. Also picked up my surefire rc supressor today going to be a fun weekend at the range!
View Quote

I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing! How well does it run suppressed? What's your gas block set up as? Factory or welded shut?
Is it over gassed?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing! How well does it run suppressed? What's your gas block set up as? Factory or welded shut?
Is it over gassed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it over gassed?

Taking it to the range tomorrow will have a report later tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Is it over gassed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it over gassed?

Works perfectly very happy both suppressed and not.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:49:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it over gassed?

Thanks! Did you have Jayson do any modifications to the gas block? I know he offers to weld it shut if you cut the barrel down.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thanks! Did you have Jayson do any modifications to the gas block? I know he offers to weld it shut if you cut the barrel down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it over gassed?

Yea I had him weld it shut. Cut the barrel down to 10.4 and nitride the gas block and barrel I think with everything it was $645 shipped
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top