Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2014 9:35:02 PM EDT
I picked up a PTR-32 as I have several thousand rounds of Yugo M67* ammo and the AKs just aren't cutting it for the rifle match, which frequently has 8" target at 300 yards. My AK is a 4MOA rifle, you can do the math.

With the stock locking piece (60 degree from what I gather) I was getting very weak or no ejection. Cases would barely clear the ejection port, drop 6" away, or fail to eject entirely. The bolt carrier wasn't touching the buffer and the extractor and ejector looked good.

Since shooting other ammo wasn't really a option, I decided to play the 'let's try locking pieces until it works game'.

With the #18 locking piece (65 degree) I got somewhat better function but still the occasional FTeject.
The #20 locking piece (70 degree) did the trick. All cases clear the rifle, most land about 10-12' away, and the bolt carrier has actually begun hanging out with Mr. Buffer., at least on a part time basis.

I'm keeping the other locking pieces in case I start seeing signs or over vigorous action when the weather warms up here.

AJ

*M67 was cheap when I bought it, is accurate, and my local match bans magnetic ammo. Selling ammo is a losing game by the time you figure shipping and the going price on corrosive ammo.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to know, thanks.
I have a -32 on the way hopefully, and a case of Yugo ammo to go through it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Love my ptr32 pdw. It's one of my favorite guns!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top