Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 6:02:09 AM EDT
I just received a HK93 clone from CAI. From what i'm seeing there quality control has gone up, the finish looks professional and the bolt doesn't look like it was grinned down.

The only problem i'm having is, the folding cocking lever is hard to lift. Is it normal for these to require some force to lift?

Any tips for owning HK weapons.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
They can be stubborn. My Vector VKE53 is very tight as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just received a HK93 clone from CAI. From what i'm seeing there quality control has gone up, the finish looks professional and the bolt doesn't look like it was grinned down.

The only problem i'm having is, the folding cocking lever is hard to lift. Is it normal for these to require some force to lift?

Any tips for owning HK weapons.
View Quote

Both the C93P and the C93 Rifles quality is a little better lately. I think that they realized that they weren't selling as many as they should due to all of the comebacks.
I thankfully have not seen any with grinding marks on the bolt head nor the carrier.  

How much lubrication is in your C93P?  

Also, have you fired it yet?
The locking piece is incorrect in these pistols and those that i have seen, won't fire semi auto due to the incorrect locking piece. I note that most (not all) that have the wrong locking piece are hard to open the action on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to go to the range Saturday. What happens when the locking piece is broken and how do I fix?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to go to the range Saturday. What happens when the locking piece is broken and how do I fix?
View Quote

Check out this post for the information:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_9/410090_Need_help_with_a_Century_C93P_Update_added_in_OP.html&page=1#i3848806
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I also just got a c93 pistol that I put a folding stock on and pinned a mock suppressor to clone a hk53.
Anyway, mine looks beautifully finished and all matching numbers. I shot about 50 rounds and it worked fine so far.
These are very nice guns at an awesome price. By far the least expensive way to a hk53 clone.

My cocking handle is also hard to flip back but HK's are like that.

I should add that I have sense sanded and polished the curve of the charging handle and it is a bit easier to flip up after that.  Mine came with an hk53 carrier and not a cut down 33. The old school buffered 53 carriers had ribs around the engagement tube and they actually stick a bit making the cocking handle stiff at first until the carrier has broke free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top