Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2013 4:55:08 PM EDT
Hi guys, Ill add pics in a bit but wanted to get the ball rolling on this.  So I had a TLR 2 on a USP tactical with a ggg adapter.  All was fine for 2-3000 rounds.  So I go to the range with some friends and let the new shooters try it out... The result from their limp wristed shooting was that the GGG mount ended up bending as it slid forward over the forward lip of the rail space, meanwhile gouging the forward rail stop into a slope shape... So now I'm out to fix it.  I think Im going to remove a slot of plastic just in front of where the rail ends, and glue in a tiny piece of steel as a postive stop.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Here are the pics:

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
You may want to ask the HK Handgun forum.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I did, sorry, any chance this could be moved?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Think I would be contacting GGG.. I've got the older version of their mount. Way more stout than the slim.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Think I would be contacting GGG.. I've got the older version of their mount. Way more stout than the slim.
View Quote

Well, I ordered a surefire replacement, but I'm more concerned with the ramps it made in the rails on the USP.  Its kind of like a stripped screw, its only easier for it to happen again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if this helps but Streamlight makes both a TLR-3 and TLR-4 that directly fit with no adapter to the fullsize USP .45.  I have one on both my USPc .40 and my USP .45.  You can't see it in this picture but on the other side the clamp is the exact size to fit in the HK rail.  They have 2 different ones as the rails on the fullsize and compact are different lengths.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#7]
It does help, but I have a custom holster that fits the USP TLR-2 perfectly =/  Maybe on my next one Ill go with the tlr4
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Did that happen from just limp wristing..? Not doubting your story! I am just surprised it would damage the rail/mount that much.. Is it possible that someone could have dropped the gun without you knowing?

Either way, hope you get it fixed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm 100% sure its from limp wristing.  I pulled it out of my holster, handed the pistol to 3 guys, who put 50 rounds through it while I watched, then they handed it back, and it wouldn't fit in my holster because the mount has fanned out and slid forward over the front of the rail space.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't know if this helps but Streamlight makes both a TLR-3 and TLR-4 that directly fit with no adapter to the fullsize USP .45.  I have one on both my USPc .40 and my USP .45.  You can't see it in this picture but on the other side the clamp is the exact size to fit in the HK rail.  They have 2 different ones as the rails on the fullsize and compact are different lengths.

<a href="http://s274.photobucket.com/user/FiremanFrank/media/USPc40TLR-4003_zps3fe20386.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj243/FiremanFrank/USPc40TLR-4003_zps3fe20386.jpg</a>

View Quote

I apologize OP for being off topic...

Can I ask how you like that TLR4? I have a USPC 9mm and I've been eying one for a month or two, debating between going with or without the laser... Any insight???

Mike
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Apologizing for the derailment in advance.  I like them and they both worked fine at the range with the light and laser continuing to be on the whole time.  The TLR-4 gives you an option of light only, laser only, or both.  I really like them and the laser is quite bright.  The main reason I purchased them is it let me skip the adaptor as the proper TLR-4 goes right on.  Note there are several models so make sure you get the USP compact version.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Apologizing for the derailment in advance.  I like them and they both worked fine at the range with the light and laser continuing to be on the whole time.  The TLR-4 gives you an option of light only, laser only, or both.  I really like them and the laser is quite bright.  The main reason I purchased them is it let me skip the adaptor as the proper TLR-4 goes right on.  Note there are several models so make sure you get the USP compact version.
View Quote

They make the TLR3 which is light only as far as I can tell.
http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69221-Mounted-Tactical-Compact/dp/B0039D0KRS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_15

Mike
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#13]
If you want light only then the TLR-3 is the trick.  I wanted a light and laser for mine.  Here is a listing for the TLR-4

http://www.opticsplanet.com/streamlight-tlr-4-compact-handgun-laser-sight-flashlight.html

I am sure others sell them as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top