Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2013 7:14:37 PM EDT
Two things...

1) When will the HK417 be available to the civilian market?

2) How much will it run?
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but would bet the answer is that the HK417 will never be available to the civilian market, just as the HK416.
That's why H&K created the MR556 and MR762 rifles for the civilian market, and only offer the 416/417 for Military and LE.

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Ohh geez i wish i could remember where i saw it but i saw one for sale while browsing the internet, it was from a retailer not individual and the price was either $42xx or $45xx.......i really want to say it was $4222.99

Sorry i cant give verifiable evidence
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know, but would bet the answer is that the HK417 will never be available to the civilian market, just as the HK416.
That's why H&K created the MR556 and MR762 rifles for the civilian market, and only offer the 416/417 for Military and LE.

This is the correct answer.  The HK416 and HK417 are select fire only and thus only available to the LEO/MIL market.  Us civilians can own the semi-auto version which is the MR556 and MR762.  Now with that said, good luck finding either for a decent price.  Even before the panic started, these H&K rifles have been in very high demand with low supply.  Going rate is around $5-6k for a MR556 and $6-9k for a MR762.  Hopefully H&K will get caught up with production this year, but no guarantees.  I'm crossing my fingers as I would like to add one of each to the safe.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top