Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:01:36 PM EDT
Well, 1/2 way.  I put down $500 to put it on layaway through Atlantic Firearms.  I should have it paid off within 2 weeks, and in my grubbies within 3 weeks!

As soon as it arrives, I'm planning on filling out the paperwork to SBR it.  Pretty darn excited about this one! Oughta be a BLAST!

Pics and extremely short write up down the page.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 PTR rifles and they are great. Every bit as good as the real deal. Atlantic is also great to deal with. I purchased both from them. I have the GI green and the new Atlantic exclusive A3R. I love them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have 2 PTR rifles and they are great. Every bit as good as the real deal. Atlantic is also great to deal with. I purchased both from them. I have the GI green and the new Atlantic exclusive A3R. I love them.

Great to hear! Pics when she arrives.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have two PTR32 PDW for my sear.
They run so well and quality built.
Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I also have two PTR32 PDW for my sear.
They run so well and quality built.
Congrats!

Thanks!

Did you have to make any changes to get it running? Also, which mags run best? GB2K said the Tapcos run great, so I found some on red-dot-sights.com for $6.95/ea, plus free shipping on $100+.  I bought 15.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
based on my experience with an ACE folder and my "resurrected" C93 the folder won't fold flat. it folds to about 120 degrees which has is hanging out enough to get damaged and/or in the way
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks chancy, I'll take take into consideration. Did you flip the adapter to check in both configurations?
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe slightly off topic, but does anyone know if the ACE receiver block is compatible with any of the heavy HK buffers?

I'd like a shorter length stock on my 91, ACE seemed like a good route, but i kinda want the heavy buffer too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#8]
No real clue, and maybe not even a true answer, but i know ghilliebear sells a custom buffer. I'd try him 1st.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#9]
yes i tried the folder both ways. you would have to install it "backwards" and MAYBE but i couldn't figure out how to get supplied screws to work that way and still open fully for shooting

you have to use the rubber buffer with an ACE backplate. conventional buffer won't even work, let alone the heavy buffer (which is longer)

Link Posted: 10/29/2012 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
use the meat tenderizer conventional stock on these. the recoil on the 32 is so minimal you won't mind the collapsable at all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yes i tried the folder both ways. you would have to install it "backwards" and MAYBE but i couldn't figure out how to get supplied screws to work that way and still open fully for shooting

you have to use the rubber buffer with an ACE backplate. conventional buffer won't even work, let alone the heavy buffer (which is longer)

Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Maybe slightly off topic, but does anyone know if the ACE receiver block is compatible with any of the heavy HK buffers?

I'd like a shorter length stock on my 91, ACE seemed like a good route, but i kinda want the heavy buffer too.

No, none of the conventional HK buffers will work with the ACE receiver block, but it does come with its own rubber buffer.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
A little miffed at AtlanicFirearms.

I paid off the layaway on Friday. I had my FFL send their paperwork after I had made my 1st payment (2 weeks or so ago). I called on Monday to check and was told they had the FFL and would ship on Tues or Wed.  I never got a shipping confirmation on either day, so I posted in their Industry forum here on AR15.com.  Well, today I got a reply telling me to email their shipping department.  Did that and was asked to send in my FFL.  

Well it (finally) shipped today, but now I won't get it till next Tuesday now. I was hoping to have it much sooner than that.. Like, maybe before the end of this week..

Harrumph.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Sigh, it's still in FedEx limbo.  I want my gun.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Alright....

Got it! Shot it!  1st mag had like 8 FTE's and FTL's.  I was pretty worried...

The next mag had about 3 malfunctions, the next 2 and the last 1. So, I'm pretty sure it was just breaking in.

So, here she is on the top right, next to her sibling and distant cousins (crappy iPhone pic)

I've got an American made HK94 wide handguard sitting in my gun stuff chest, I'll just have to wait for the pin to arrive from Adam over at HKparts.net.

Next I'll probaby send off for an SBR stamp, have someone do a trigger job, change out the flash hider to an AAC Brake/Suppressor mount (if possible), acquire a G3 Ejector lever spring, get a #15 LP and get an extra PTR32 bolt head (after Christmas) and then get an optic for it. After the stamp comes back, then I'll start trying to decide what stock I want for it (leaning toward ACE Shorty Folder). I'm also considering having a G3 Shell deflector added to it as I'm a lefty.

Of course, in the mean time, I'll be trying to scrape together the $$ to get a B&T Folder for the CA89P when THAT stamp comes back, a rail mount (maybe have Ghillie weld a rail on top?), stock up on MP5 mags (everyone still getting good results from the Koreans?) and get an optic.

Luckily, I'm pretty much done with the ARs, but I do still need another good handgun (really like the FN "Tactical" 45 offering), a good HD shotty and a pistol suppressor.

Don't ever tell my wife about this list. She'd **** her pants.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I need a PTR 32..............I want to make a clone of the HK 33 out of it
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:30:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

HK32 you mean?

Otherwise, why not find a HK93 or clone and make it into a HK33 clone? Serious question...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#18]
My bad..................typo. Yes, an HK 32 was what I intended to post.........

Quoted:
Quoted:

HK32 you mean?

Otherwise, why not find a HK93 or clone and make it into a HK33 clone? Serious question...

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My bad..................typo. Yes, an HK 32 was what I intended to post.........

Quoted:
Quoted:

HK32 you mean?

Nice!  FYI, PTR is consolidating their PTR32 line and the new release will be out sometime 1Q of next year.

Vector makes a V51 in 7.62x39, no clue about those tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top