Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 1:05:25 PM EDT
I'm not very familiar with HK firearms, but this post hopefully won't be riddled with technical inaccuracy.

What would happen if you were to move your front-sight a few inches backwards? Would the difference cause a visual distortion of the sight picture/way the sights align? Reason I'm wondering is I have a Model 270 with HK's traditional style sights, but the front-sight has been moved a couple of inches backwards to make room for a suppressor.

It may be my eyes are acting up, but the sight picture appeared a little cramped with the 25m aperture. Basically it didn't seem wide enough to bracket the entire front-sight ring. Is that normal on the 25m setting? It is a bit of hack-job that's been done (typical UK Bubba-ing to plumb a suppressor on), so, the front-sight may be a little canted to the left.

I did once try an unmodified 270 and seem to remember the sight picture was slightly wider.

Thanks.

*Might be able to take a photo to illustrate what it looks like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top