Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2011 10:09:24 AM EDT
Just picked up a used V-93 for what I thought was a decent price, and after it's first range outing, have a few questions........

The previous owner said the gun had 4-600 rounds thru it....the bolt gap measured out at .012" (a little small I admit.....)....but I assumed since it was a Vector gun it probably wouldn't shrink up much/any more.
Gun has a #8 (Malaysian) locking piece and standard rollers.

Accuracy is superb with 55gr Lake City/Federal XM-193, recoil is not bad, but whats coming out of the ejection port of this rifle really concerns me.....

Cases are slinging about 20-30 feet, and look like this:

Does this look like a pressure issue , or just crappy fluting in the chamber or bad throat/lead.........I've never in 25 years of shooting 5.56 seen brass "shredded" like this without a "kaboom" or case head seperation.

What does the hive think?????
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Normal shit! Fluted chamber is floating gas into chamber to ease extraction.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Floating gas into the flutes to ease extraction is one thing.....but forcing the brass into the flutes and shredding longitudional tears into the cases is another....

Link Posted: 6/18/2011 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok you got a fucked up gun. I wouldn't ever shoot it again, shame you got ripped off.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#4]
That is not normal.  All my Vectors put the black stripes on the cases and flings them out at 2 O'clock about 20 feet, but the cases themselves are not damaged.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Floating gas into the flutes to ease extraction is one thing.....but forcing the brass into the flutes and shredding longitudional tears into the cases is another....

Black soot is normal.  brass flowing into the flutes is not.

Thanks,

Don-S1

Link Posted: 6/18/2011 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black soot is normal.  brass flowing into the flutes is not.

Thanks,

Don-S1

What he said.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The gun is accurate & It functions. It aint a problem. Not all brass or ammo is created equally. I seen various forms of marking on brass from my 35 year old H&K 91 over the years.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 this is NOT normal
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I see flat primers and split cases. Are the rounds factory or reloads? They may be a little hot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I see flat primers and split cases. Are the rounds factory or reloads? They may be a little hot.

All Federal / LC '07.......Lot 124.....factory.......From the comments here and over at hkpro, I'm begining to believe that this is a hot batch of XM193.........It is much more "forgiving" in my 11.5" AR and SLR-106.........but produces prodigious flame!

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Try some other ammo maybe?
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#12]
It ain't the ammo it's the gun....

There is most certainty a problem.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#13]
i agree it may be the ammo.  w/ all the LC problem ammo released from the factory in recent years, soft brass or overly hot ammo is the likely culprit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Check to see that the barrel is fluted.

j/k
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Vector HK types do have a fluted chamber. The brass in the picture looks like there was so much pressure that it actually pressed the brass into the flutes, creating flutes in the brass itself, not just discoloring it like other HK's. That, combined with the split cases and the flat primers lead me to believe it's an over pressure issue.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Thats why he put J/K under it... as in " just kidding"  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top