Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2011 8:42:01 AM EDT
I'm kicking around the idea of getting one, I don't know to much about the PTR or even the G3, (other then a few range reports) what do you guys think of the PTR32?
Is it worth the money?
Also, will plastic and wood handguards (HK and Cetme) fit on the rifle?
Will the steel AK magazines work with them, I read somewhere that someone was having a problem with the steel mags. not working.
thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a good high quality weapon however it will only work with the Bulgarian slab sided Mags that come with it and for some reason it seems to have problems with YUGO brass ammo.
HDH.
http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a443/hansellhd/ptr32002.jpg
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I've gotten every plastic variety of mag to work 100%, even the Tapco POS... You need to modify the feed lips slightly with a file. I've also gotten most steel mags to work great with a few exceptions. That requires some minor Dremel work.

The only ammo I've had slight problems with (like 1 or 2 ftf out of 100) is the Wolf MC hollowpoints...

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've gotten every plastic variety of mag to work 100%, even the Tapco POS... You need to modify the feed lips slightly with a file. I've also gotten most steel mags to work great with a few exceptions. That requires some minor Dremel work.

The only ammo I've had slight problems with (like 1 or 2 ftf out of 100) is the Wolf MC hollowpoints...

I will have to give that a try on my Tapco Mags and see if i can get them to cycle. File here i come.
HDH.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. I've had great "luck" in shooting mine full auto with one of my HK sears. Will work with 99% of the mags I own mand 99% of the ammo also. Go get one!
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice, I was just about to post a question about this rifle.

I've been looking for a NON AK rifle (read, MORE ACCURATE than an AK) that shoots 7.62x39mm ammo and uses cheap surplus AK mags.  Of course my VERY first choice was a KAC SR-47, but they are sorta hard to come by (heh) and it doesn't look like KAC will be manufacturing a civilian version any time soon.  The 2nd non AK 7.62R rifle I found was the Sig556R, but Sig rifle do NOT have a good reputation around here.

I actually posted a question about the PTR32 on another board (one all about shooting quietly) within the last few minutes. Kinda a coinkydink, IYAM!

I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on one, so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is a good high quality weapon however it will only work with the Bulgarian slab sided Mags that come with it and for some reason it seems to have problems with YUGO brass ammo.
HDH.

Ya, we've sold 3, including the one I bought, and they all CAME with Tapco mags. I haven't had a complaint or had to return a single firearm do to "mag" issue's. I love the gun, by the way, and have since bought one of the pistol versions

Almost forgot, for a clone, PTR does one hell of a job on everything they build ! You won't go wrong purchasing a firearm from these guy's !
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#9]
anyone have the PTR32 with the welded top rail?

Seems to me that's the best way to go if you want to mount optics. Right?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought so but the STANAG mount with the Model 1 milsurp 4x scope is just f'ing awesome. You can sight with the irons through the mount base. Plus the thing pops off with the flick of a lever. So cool...

So I got mine without the weld-on mount.

With handloads or even the Hornady SST commercial ammo these things shoot MOA easily out to 200. A scope is definitely worth it unless you have much better eyes for irons than I do.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
How hard is it to go from original stock to M4 collapsible? I wanna put a ctr and cheek riser on mine.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've been looking for a NON AK rifle (read, MORE ACCURATE than an AK) that shoots 7.62x39mm ammo and uses cheap surplus AK mags.  Of course my VERY first choice was a KAC SR-47, but they are sorta hard to come by (heh) and it doesn't look like KAC will be manufacturing a civilian version any time soon.  The 2nd non AK 7.62R rifle I found was the Sig556R, but Sig rifle do NOT have a good reputation around here.

I actually posted a question about the PTR32 on another board (one all about shooting quietly) within the last few minutes. Kinda a coinkydink, IYAM!

Same here, I just don't like the AR-15 chamber in 7.62 and I would love to have something more accurate then the AK,
I first seen the Sig556R and the only thing stopping me from buy it is the PTR32, but I just don't know much about the PTR.
What I know about the Sig556R is that it will run with all AK mags with no modification, also it will also run with Yugo ammo which is a plus for me,
but I think the PTR would be more accurate.
Man, I wish I can get more details on the PTR

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yugo ammo hasn't been a problem?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will have to give that a try on my Tapco Mags and see if i can get them to cycle. File here i come.
HDH.

Any luck?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
HDH.

Very nice!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HDH.

Any luck?

I will let you know, I have not had the time to mod them yet. I am going to work on  one of my Tapco  mags and see.
HDH.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
HDH.

Very nice!

Thanks  Man.
HDH.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, I just don't like the AR-15 chamber in 7.62 and I would love to have something more accurate then the AK,
I first seen the Sig556R and the only thing stopping me from buy it is the PTR32, but I just don't know much about the PTR.
What I know about the Sig556R is that it will run with all AK mags with no modification, also it will also run with Yugo ammo which is a plus for me,
but I think the PTR would be more accurate.
Man, I wish I can get more details on the PTR

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu119.htm

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top