Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2011 5:03:59 AM EDT

Once I get my clone rocking I am going to SBR it. Now I’m thinking to engrave it and get the stamp coming because I’m impatient and I’m doing an AR already. (2 birds with one…)

I’m wondering if anyone has advice on where to engrave their 94/MP5. The plan is to have my Class 3 friend build it so the engraving will only be 3 letters for manufacturer, 4 for the city,2 for the state and serial number of my choosing. So I don’t need much space. (If I have to do my name it will be a lot of space if plans fall through). Where is a good spot to carve? I was thinking about the front of the Mag well but I’m nervous it may be too thin.

Where do you guys carve your stamped HK’s?

Link Posted: 1/21/2011 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I had Orion Arms engrave mine. They only engrave below the rear sight on the right hand side. If you plan on the front of the mag well, you may have difficulties with the weld there.

prib
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I had mine done under the buttstock metal on the left side. Right in front of the pin hole.
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I had my K engraved on the right side "tab" near the buttstock.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have pics? I hear ya on the seam on the mag well, I was going to try to do one side of the seam since it measures that it will fit. I'm worried about the metal thickness...
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]

I like this best.  Indent Marking is who I'm using next for sure.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

http://identmarking.com/samplework_files/page3-1024-full.jpg

That looks very nice. I didn't know you could use a first initial. Or is it a trust? Second, would it be illegal to put a retractable stock on it since it could be covered if the stock is collapsed?

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
http://identmarking.com/samplework_files/page3-1024-full.jpg

That looks very nice. I didn't know you could use a first initial. Or is it a trust? Second, would it be illegal to put a retractable stock on it since it could be covered if the stock is collapsed?

That is where I'm getting mine engraved. The sliding stock isn't an issue since you can retract the stock and make the markings visible without having to disassemble the weapon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
No pics but I engraved mine on the mag well above the dimple. My info was 5 for the name 9 for the city and 2 for the state. It fit like it was supposed to be there. Supposedly ATF doesn't like it to be under the stock metal (above the pin) any more although I know some mfgrs have been doing there for years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top