Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2011 12:43:10 PM EDT
Ed at HDPS just completed my USC/UMP conversion and I have no use for the USC parts.

Is there a market for these items?

I also have several 10 round USC mags (I'm assuming the 10 rd mags won't work with the conversion)
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#1]
depends if the USC stuff still has the trigger bits in it. Ive seen many people looking for a semi trigger. someone may scoop up the parts if they want a spare though.

the USC 10 round mags do fit and function in the UMP conversion, they are a little loose though. I was contemplating putting some sort of shims on the top to fill in the double stack mag hole and then use them for bench shooting, or any other time you may not want the gigantic UMP mags hanging down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
depends if the USC stuff still has the trigger bits in it. Ive seen many people looking for a semi trigger. someone may scoop up the parts if they want a spare though. Ed used the trigger group in the conversion

the USC 10 round mags do fit and function in the UMP conversion, they are a little loose though. I was contemplating putting some sort of shims on the top to fill in the double stack mag hole and then use them for bench shooting, or any other time you may not want the gigantic UMP mags hanging down.

It would be nice to be able to use the 10rd mags if shooting prone with my suppressor...you know, when the zombies attack
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I put mine on the EE a couple years ago for some stupid low price.  A guy in CA bought all the parts and 10rd mags.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Just keep it with your gun, put it back in the cardboard box the usc came in.  Who knows, 30 years from now, when you want to sell it, it might offer more value since you have all the original pieces.

Look how much a Chinese ak goes for with box and all original accessories verses just an plain Chines AK.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes - you in the DFW area?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Possible, but all of the UMP conversions I'd done for people (myself included) have the slots cut in the front which would proabably kind of negate future collector value. Still probably not a bad idea to hang on to them if you have the room as spare parts do eventaully dry up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top