Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 8:20:21 AM EDT
Guys,

I bought a MKE MP5 clone and want to use hi cap mags. I ordered the 6 US made parts I need, but the stock and wide forearm that I ordered from Black Market Parts aren't marked "US" anywhere. I want to make sure my carbine is 100% legal and I was wondering if there was anyway to confirm that the above mentioned parts were in fact US made. On the receipt from BMP they didn't list the above parts "US made", but on their web sit the parts are listed as US made parts.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
keep your receipts around but i doubt anyone will ever ask you for a parts count unless your in some other shit already
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
keep your receipts around but i doubt anyone will ever ask you for a parts count unless your in some other shit already

10-4, but BMP did not mark the parts "US Made" on the receipt. I attempted to contact them several times via email and phone and they never responded .

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Over doing the us parts count couldn't hurt if you are that worried.   The manufacturer may have used multiple vendors  at different times both in the US and abroad, they mght not even know a particular part is US made.
$25-$100  extra invested in US parts is cheap insurance against needing to pay legal fees.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought everything that BMP sells is US made.  BMP is the parts division for Coharie Arms.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Over doing the us parts count couldn't hurt if you are that worried.   The manufacturer may have used multiple vendors  at different times both in the US and abroad, they mght not even know a particular part is US made.
$25-$100  extra invested in US parts is cheap insurance against needing to pay legal fees.

I already added as many US parts as I could (I think): Sear, hammer, trigger, pistol girp, wide forearm, and butt stock. I didn't want to mess with the bolt or bolt carrier, and I'm not sure if there's much else I can even change. What about US made floor plates or US made magazine followers?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get a fleming cocking handle.  (sit down when you read the price on that piece)
They now have ar type aluminum lowers and with an AR grip that will  be two parts.

I would not choose either of these because of price, but they seem to be the only options left.  .  It is too easy to go from following the law to breaking the law with the magazine parts unless all your magazines have enough US parts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]
One way of being able to tell is that the furniture wont have date codes on it. One thing about US made hk parts is that you cant really tell. You have all those parts in your in your fire control group, if a leo wanted a parts count i guaretee he is not goin to tear down that trigger group to see if the parts are us made. In which there prob not marked anyways. Again, with the flemming cocking handle, the only way to tell if from the receipt and i doubt it will say "US cocking Handle" you know? Im not advocating not to use US parts, what im saying is is that very rarley are they marked "US". And yes, ALL parts from Black Market Parts are US made. Anything from Special Weapons, Coharie Arms and BMP are all the same product from TB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top