Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2010 6:03:38 AM EDT
Has anyone else used this product?
I cant get mine to work at all in my ptr. It wont eject the casing out of the chamber and it really deforms the mouth of the brass.

Is there some trick on how to tune these things or should I just get an HK port buffer?
Link to their website
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for interest....
Been pondering the port buffer and low optics mount for a couple weeks now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Denting/Deforming the mouth of the brass is normal for HK weapons without port buffers.I really don't know about weapons with port buffers as I've never wanted to put one on because if you ever take it off it will scratch the hell out of your finish––––that was before I saw this one that appears to be made out of plastic which is good in this case.

As far as the ejection issue have you tried sliding the buffer forwards or back to see if that makes a difference?retrodog and Osprey21 are the 2 best HK guys here,they can tell you if this  ejection problem is normal if you have the port buffer.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
And that is why I bought the Ctree port buffer. It it made up of all plastic. however it has a cut  in the side for the turned out lip on the receiver.
So the port buffer can only really sit in one place.

And the deforming brass is more like crushed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Got one on my 91 and 41. Went on fine. Keeps the ejects free of the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I used one of these on my V93.  It caused a lot of ejection and feeding problems.  Sometime the ejected case would ricochet off the buffer band go back into the receiver feed ramp area.

I removed it and have had zero problems.  Also, my V93 doesn't beat up the brass all that much.  The brass is very much re-loadable.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top