Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:07:48 PM EDT
Ok so i have a cetme that will not unlock unless i bang it on the floor i was thinking that it needs smaller rollers? Any help would be awesome and ware can i get new rolers?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:34:24 AM EDT
[#1]
What does your bolt gap measure?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you field stripped it and cleaned it out ?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#4]
yes
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
check your bolt gap,  if its very small that means the rollers are engaged farther into the trunnion recesses  making it harder to cock.  OR  you have too much of a gap between the cocking handle body and the front of the carrier. Too much of a gap and you dont get the proper camming action needed to unseat the rollers.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
whats the measurement?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]
With the gun empty, retract the cocking handle and lock it in the notch - then 'slap' the handle down so the bolt slams forwards on the empty chamber - pull trigger so the hammer is down. Check bolt gap (mid range is optimal) per the illustration below.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you field stripped it and cleaned it out ?

just picked mine up yesterday and the charging handle was a  lil tough to get back, tore it down and i t was DIRTY!!!!
cleaned it up and its pretty smooth now. just need to get some rounds through it

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#9]
The manual for my Century CETME says that it is possible to charge the weapon with the safety engaged. Being the knuckle dragging troglodite Neanderthal that I am, I failed to read the instructions first and simply beat the rifle's butt on the ground while pulling the charging handle to the rear. It worked. Since then, I have forgotten to disengage the safety a few times before charging and it seems that each time I forget, it gets easier to charge while the safety is engaged. The rifle still functions perfectly so I don't think I've done any damage. I hope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top