Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 1:40:35 AM EDT
has anyone added a adjustable magpul stock to their ptr91?? like the one offered on the sniper model. do you like it? where do you get the adapter that has the attachment for the rifle ?? you know the part the pins go in. i have seen the stock, but no mount for the weapon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
hkparts.net has the german and magpul ones i believe. i think they come with the buffer
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:39:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't own one, but I have shot one of the MSG-91 "Perimeter Rifles" that PTR sells with the Magpul stock.  It is a very nice setup and a great alternative to the real PSG-1 buttstock that, if you can find one, will run you several hundred dollars more than the Magpul.  The only "gripe" I had about the stock is that it screwed with the balance of the rifle and was significantly heavier than the standard buttstock.

As for additional parts needed to install the Magpul stock, you need a steel buttplate and a standard buffer (the PRS won't work with a heavy buffer without modifying the stock to fit it).

You don't need to buy any extra parts as long as you don't plan to use your regular stock to switch back and forth.  Just unscrew the buffer screw, take the backplate assembly off of your old stock along with the buffer, and reinstall them on the PRS.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:16:44 AM EDT
[#3]
damn, i didnt think to use the one from the old stock. hey thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a magpul prs stock on my ptr and love it.  you do not need anything special to install it...it just swaps out with your stock.  follow the directions and everything will be good.  if you are using a heavier buffer than your rifle's standard, then some fitting may be required for the heavier buffer.  there are those on this site who have used the heavier buffer with the magpul stock and who i am sure can help you out if you go that route.

best

bill p
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top