Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2008 6:47:26 PM EDT
is the mark 23 worth it
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a USP TACTICAL .45 and I really enjoy shooting it, really accurate. I have never handled a Mk23 though. For the price I would go with the USP tac.
Just imho
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a tactical and my father had both the mk23 and the tactical. I love my tactical and since he picked up one for himself he rarely shoots his mk23. The tactical has everything the mk23 has just in a smaller package, much easier to carry and shoots just as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've fired both.  USP Tactical is a pretty good deal for the money, but if you can afford the Mk23, you won't regret the purchase either.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 3 Tacs and 2 Mark 23s.  Worth the extra money, depends on the shooter.  If you plan on taking it into heavy combat then yes, the way the Mark 23 is over built it offers a real since of security.  But if just for shooting at the range or light duty use, then the Tac will serve you just as well.  Both are more accurate than the shooter and while the Mark 23 has a bit less recoil due to its size and weight, the Tactical is not bad either.  If you have the money for the Mark 23 then get one; if you plan on collecting HKs then you MUST get one, but if you don't have near two grand to drop do not feel in the least that you are settling for second best.  There is not a darned thing wrong with the Tactical.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Hand size might be a factor also, the 23 was too big for my mitts but the tac is doable, a tiny bit too big but definetly adaptable whereas I didn't think the 23 would be.

Big Bore, do you have a pic of both together for a good size comparison?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
is the mark 23 worth it

Had both, sold the 23. There is nothing the 23 does the TAC cannot do, at least they way I use them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks for all the knowledge guys
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, sorry I have not been back on this thread in a while.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top