Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2008 6:31:02 AM EDT
Well, June 15th has come and gone.

The 15th was when Coharie Arms was going to start production on the new CA94 Std. rifle with no bells (3-lug barrel) or whistles (paddle mag release).  Anyone got any ideas how production is going, or if it's going?  Will it still sell for $900?  Come on Todd, keep us updated!
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried asking him on his forum yet?
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#2]
just out of curiosity where did you hear that they would sell for 900?
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#3]
That is the price Todd put out on his website that they will be
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#4]
cool i couldnt find a price on the site.  could you shoot me a link so i can take a look.
thanks
sean
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Here you go

Coharie link
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:

I registered for the forum on June 6th, and the administrator (Todd I assume) hasn't activated the account yet so I can't.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I registered for the forum on June 6th, and the administrator (Todd I assume) hasn't activated the account yet so I can't.

You need to email him and ask if he will approve you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
i emailed them today after creating an account.  i was told it would be about 4 weeks before they get the standard ca94s out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks boppie.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
no problem. i am interested as well in these.  being on a tight budget sucks!!! lol.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I talked to them 2 weeks ago, and was told they were currently in a production run of 10/40 guns. I didn't ask about when the 1 version policy would go in to effect. That's what motivated me to order my 10mm.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#12]
apparently they still have some of their other models still. i just picked up a shotgun news and they had a quarter page add with their models.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#13]
glad I got my CA89K when I did
I wanted one for as long as I could remember (sp89 type)

wanted to get a standard model with 3 lug too and now looks like that wont happen as by the time I get the funds they will have the 16" pencil barrels that I don't like and cost more to sbr
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I know what you mean by having to wait until you can afford one.  I had to wait until now, so needless to say, all I'm going to get is the "new" CA94 standard rifle.  I placed my order on Monday at a cost of $895.  They said it was backordered, and would be available in 3-4 weeks.

It sounds like it's going to be an HK94 replica, with a metal lower.  I guess I'll have to wait and see what needs to be added.  I'm glad there are sites like HKParts.net!
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I placed my order on Monday at a cost of $895.  Thay said it was backordered, and would be available in 3-4 weeks.

Holy hell.  I honestly did not think he was actually going to change the model styles.  I figured it was just a sales stunt of some sort.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#16]
UPDATE:

I just got an e-mail from Wendy and she stated the new CA94 Std. Rifle will have the FBI S-F polymer grip housing.  So the only differences are the paddle mag release and the fake supressor.  Has anyone purchased/heard of the MFIAP.com SOCOM Style Fake Silencer?  It looks cool!

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/GreenvilleRoute/Misc%20Photos/New-1-1.jpg
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

I just got an e-mail from Wendy and she stated the new CA94 Std. Rifle will have the FBI S-F polymer grip housing.  So the only differences are the paddle mag release and the fake supressor.  Has anyone purchased/heard of the MFIAP.com SOCOM Style Fake Silencer?  It looks cool!

And the non fluted chamber and no three lug barrel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

That fake can looks cool. Looks like it is recessed to fit with a surefire handguard and light.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes I know it doesn't have the fluted chamber or 3-lug barrel.  From what I've heard, you don't need a fluted barrel for the pistol calibers.  I'll order the 3-lug adapter from HKParts.net after I SBR it and my gunsmith threads the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the loss of that paddle release is a pretty big loss.  I have probably never used the button in a shooting environment.  Maybe only a few times at home.  

I'm pretty sure that the only one who can effectively use the button release is E.T.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think the loss of that paddle release is a pretty big loss.  I have probably never used the button in a shooting environment.  Maybe only a few times at home.  

I'm pretty sure that the only one who can effectively use the button release is E.T.

hey now I use that button. I do have big hands and long fingers (and that is it )
but it works for me. I also think taking off the paddle release was a mistake. Non
fluted barrel I can live without, but that metal lower, the 94 style barrel and no paddle
release realy dissapoint me on it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 3:37:11 AM EDT
[#22]
height=8
Quoted:
... I also think taking off the paddle release was a mistake. Non
fluted barrel I can live without, but that metal lower, the 94 style barrel and no paddle

Hey DM1975, I said it now has the polymer FBI lower, although it's not the ambi lower.

To everyone else, since it's a sizable investment for the rifle, and would be another $200 to replace all the ejector and extractor parts, has anyone replaced ONLY the ejector and extractor springs?  I (can because it's "HK") can't believe the TINY extractor piece is $50 dollars!
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... I also think taking off the paddle release was a mistake. Non

Hey DM1975, I said it now has the polymer FBI lower, although it's not the ambi lower.

To everyone else, since it's a sizable investment for the rifle, and would be another $200 to replace all the ejector and extractor parts, has anyone replaced ONLY the ejector and extractor springs?  I (can because it's "HK") can't believe the TINY extractor piece is $50 dollars!
I got an CA89K last year and a CA89 this year. The only thing that I've replaced on either one was the extractor spring ($8-$10) and they both work great now. A lot of people replace more parts because they want to make their gun as much "HK" as possible, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they need it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I understand that but from what I understand when they run out of those they are
going to the metal lowers only. I was not speaking of your rifle in particular.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#25]
TB has info posted that the new style gun will have a fluted barrel due to all the whining. I reload so the non fluted barrel would have been fine for me.
Also the 22 project sounds as if it's moving forward too. I'm holding out for it instead of buying the G3 22LR conversion kit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
TB has info posted that the new style gun will have a fluted barrel due to all the whining. I reload so the non fluted barrel would have been fine for me.
Also the 22 project sounds as if it's moving forward too. I'm holding out for it instead of buying the G3 22LR conversion kit.

I thought the fluted barrel would have been the last thing he would have changed. I
reload as well but other than getting black lines on my casings I dont have any
problems with the brass I shoot out of mine.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I could care less about flutes but I need the paddle!  Jeff
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I could care less about flutes but I need the paddle!  Jeff

Exactly. Everything else he changed would be on my list ahead of the flutes as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 1:52:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like the sales of the Tac-Latch II will be improving when these new paddle-less guns start to ship.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Looks like the sales of the Tac-Latch II will be improving when these new paddle-less guns start to ship.

Is JB and Tac-Latch II still available?  I couldn't seem to find anything.  Jeff
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I hope they are. I'd like to get one at some point for my SP89.
Here's the site-------

Poor man's paddle
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Weird, must have been a problem with my work internet.  Works fine at my house.

Thanx,  Jeff
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#33]
anyone have a valid email for coharie they can IM or post?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I think it's [email protected] but it's been many months since I've emailed them.
Why not just call them,Tactical Weapons, at 480-830-5652
or fax 'um at 928-396-1538.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Great news!

I called Coharie today and spoke to Wendy.  They still have a few CA94fs rifles IN STOCK!  I changed my order from a standard rifle to the fs model.  It was $300 more at $1195, but it would be $600+ for IGF to add the paddle mag release, shorten the barrel, and refinish it.  It's a deal for me.  They will ship it tomorrow.

They are out of 89Ks, but still have a few CA89s and CA94fs in stock.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Glad I got my 89K when the getting was good.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my CA94fs rifle today!  The rifle is SO light compared to my G3, it feels like a toy!  The fit and finish are awesome.  The only two things I had to do was shim the insides of the front handgard to eliminate the wobble and  trim off some casting flash on the trigger housing and buttstock.  Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied.  Upon stripping and lubing the rifle, it looks like they are now installing HK extractor springs - the one I have is copper, not brass and it looks like it also has a F/A bolt carrier.

Plan to go to the range in the next day or two.

Where exactly is the serial number on the CA94?  Is it the AIA ### on the top?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Where exactly is the serial number on the CA94?  Is it the AIA ### on the top?

The serial number is located just in front of the rear sight and my AHC-###, it sounds like that would be one for your model.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:42:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks.  Kind of hard to submit a corret Form 1 if you don't know the serial #.

I just got back from the range.  I only had time to shoot 50 rounds of S&B 115gr. FMJ.  On the first found - click, a FTF.  I pulled the charging handle back, and it was then a FTE.  I pulled the magazine and let the charging handle go.  I re-inserted the magazine and pulled the trigger.  Happiness for the next 50 trigger pulls.

Upon inspecting the brass, the firing pin impacts the primer really deep and the 16 signature flute marks are present.

After I fire more rounds through it, I'll update this report.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Keep it well lubed, and keep the fluted chamber fairly clean.

When I am at the range, after a few hundred rounds, I clean the fluted chamber with a few Q-tips and CLP.

My CA94 works flawlessly as long as I do those two things. Excess gunk in the chamber has caused the few FTE/FTF that I have experienced.

Mine loves Fiocchi and S&B ammo. Fiocchi is definitely the hotter of the two brands.

Enjoy! My Coharie is by far my favorite range toy.

Link Posted: 7/26/2008 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#41]
+1 on keeping it well lubed. That seems to be the #1 thing with mine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#42]
One thing I've learned from owning my G3 for 16 years - HK guns like to be lubed.  I lubed all the moving parts before firing it.  I ordered an HK magazine and extractor spring for my CA94 from HKParts.net, since I'm sure those are the problem from what I've read.

I just bought 100 rounds of 115gr FMJ Federal American Eagle on my way home from work this morning.  I'll shoot those in the near future and let you know how things went.

I love this weapon, and it's cheap to shoot compared to some of the other stuff I have.

I guess I have a question about the case.  I know two of the cut-outs are for the 30-round magazines, one is for the sight adjustment tool, but what is the 4th one by the barrel for?  Is it for a 15-round magazine?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, I went to the range today with 100 rounds of 115gr FMJ Federal American Eagle.  Everything went fine for the first 50-60 rounds, which were shot in pairs.  I decided to take it up a notch, and rapid fire the weapon for the next 20 rounds.  This is where the problems began.  I had a stove-pipe, then a few rounds later, a double feed.  After clearing the second jam, the last 30 rounds, fired in pairs, were fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but replacing the ejector would solve the stove-pipe problem, and and the HK magazine I'm waiting for would correct the double feed?
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I would just wait on the mags cause that fixed some problems I was having with mine.  But it wouldnt hurt if you replaced the ejector, extractor, and extractor spring.  Its a fairly cheap replace I think around $100 total.

I ended up not needing any of that stuff but ordered with the mags from adam weber so I put it anyway. Now I run any type of ammo I want even low pressure Ultramax.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, my 2 mags, ejector w/spring, and extractor w/spring came today from HKParts.net.  Installation of the new parts was a snap.  There is a significant difference in the quality of the HK mags versus the CA magazine.  I also noticed some wear on the bearing surface of the CA ejector, so I'm glad I ordered a new one. I bought 200 rounds of 115gr Federal American Eagle.  I'll shoot it tommorrow or Thursday and I'll let everyone know how things went.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Well, my 2 mags, ejector w/spring, and extractor w/spring came today from HKParts.net.  Installation of the new parts was a snap.  There is a significant difference in the quality of the HK mags versus the CA magazine.  I also noticed some wear on the bearing surface of the CA ejector, so I'm glad I ordered a new one. I bought 200 rounds of 115gr Federal American Eagle.  I'll shoot it tommorrow or Thursday and I'll let everyone know how things went.

Hope all goes well during the test fire.
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I just got back from the range today.  I fired off 250 rounds, not once did I encounter a FTE.  I loaded each (2) of the new HK mags with 30 rounds.  I inserted the magazine, slammed the charging handle down and click, a FTF on the first round from each of the magazines.  I remember when I first got my G3, the bolt didn't want to enter into battery when a full 20 round magazine was inserted in the rifle. The problem then was too strong of a magazine spring causing excessive resistance from friction on the bolt carrier.  This got me thinking - I loaded 20 rounds into each magazine.  I then tried and was able to do "mag dumps" without a hiccup for the first 100 rounds.  For the next 150 rounds. I loaded each magazine with 25 rounds - nothing but pure pleasure.

All in all, I had a great day. All the problems I was having seem to have disappeared.  I'm sure over time, I will be able to load 30 rounds into each magazine and fire them without any problems.
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Great news!!  Glad that you got 'er running smoothly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#49]
When I went to test my CA94, I took my wife with me.  I snapped a few pictures of her  and I noticed something - the new ejector REALLY works!  Look at the upper right hand corner of the photo...

Is it supposed to eject the cases like that?
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
When I went to test my CA94, I took my wife with me.  I snapped a few pictures of her  and I noticed something - the new ejector REALLY works!  Look at the upper right hand corner of the photo...

i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/GreenvilleRoute/Shooting/081408009.jpg

Is it supposed to eject the cases like that?

Yup and I'll bet you have no more FTE's.  Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top