Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2007 8:34:12 PM EDT
Finally got to test her out!
My dream gun has always been a full auto MP5 but I could never afford one or justify spending that kind of $$$ for one. So I got the next best thing, an SP-89. Found this beauty at an estate sale at a great price so I snached it up. I'm not sure if it was ever fired as it has no wear at all on the inside parts.
The gun ran 100% using several different types of hollow point and ball ammo in all weights. No failure of any kind. Accuracy was outstanding on a bench rest but firing off hand was very akward. It needs a forward vertical grip and a stock or sling. I just could not get comfortable shooting without those.
Anyway out of time and sorry for the short review! It is too bad these are no longer imported to be enjoyed by everyone.

Here is a 30 round group at 15 yards from a rest.

Link Posted: 11/22/2007 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn...you might have just sold me on one!
SBR project for sure!
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
SBR project for sure!

Ijust don't want to regester it. How much would it cost to convert it to full auto the legal way?
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SBR project for sure!

Ijust don't want to regester it. How much would it cost to convert it to full auto the legal way?

10k plus $200 tax for a registered sear.
A lot less to register it as a short barreled rifle and add foregrip and stock.
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Never seen that type of slot cut in an sp89 handguard.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#5]
The slot in the grip is to accommodate the mounting of the ALS model 100 'Pulse Beam' laser sight.

And in todays market it would cost you closer to $13K for a sear pack.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The slot in the grip is to accommodate the mounting of the ALS model 100 'Pulse Beam' laser sight.

And in todays market it would cost you closer to $13K for a sear pack.

Yup, I have the laser but it is missing the piece that locks it to the cocking tube front. When I bought her it was tapped on with black electrical tape. Does anyone know where I can get that part?
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Do ya think you can reveal that great price??? Or the range you got it in (no pun intended) That way we can be uber-jealous of your newest addition?

I miss my old one, but I can not justify $4900 for a LNIB one...... but the one cool perk is seeing it in a movie... Recall the movie Under Siege (MGM) with Steven Segal in it?  One of the MP5(ks) was my baby .  Have fun, I know you will.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do ya think you can reveal that great price??? Or the range you got it in (no pun intended) That way we can be uber-jealous of your newest addition?

I miss my old one, but I can not justify $4900 for a LNIB one...... but the one cool perk is seeing it in a movie... Recall the movie Under Siege (MGM) with Steven Segal in it?  One of the MP5(ks) was my baby .  Have fun, I know you will.

I got the gun, the laser, HK duel mag pouch with sling, 5 mags, molded case and a few other things all for $2,500. I told the lady that was too little for the gun and that they sell for a minium of $3,000+. She said she only wanted what her husband paid for it and that was $2,500. I took it and could still sleep at night.
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Great looking gun.  It almost looks like you have a Williams trigger in the SP89.
The trigger is straight, not curved like the HK94.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got the gun, the laser, HK duel mag pouch with sling, 5 mags, molded case and a few other things all for $2,500. I told the lady that was too little for the gun and that they sell for a minium of $3,000+. She said she only wanted what her husband paid for it and that was $2,500. I took it and could still sleep at night.

$2500.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!   SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT U DA MAN
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Great looking gun.  It almost looks like you have a Williams trigger in the SP89.
The trigger is straight, not curved like the HK94.

It is a Williams trigger. It was like that when I got it. I hear they are great. It certainly is nice and light and breaks crisp!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks SWEET!

On your to-do list:
Form-1 SBR
3-lug SWR Trident suppressor

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are a good man sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top