Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 3:24:32 PM EDT
Hey all,

Pretty soon I'm going to fork the money to get a parts kit from Adam Webber and had some questions. I'm going to get the SEF trigger pack with the hopes of putting a FA sear in it in the future (doubt it, but here's hoping), so do the demilled parts kits come with the FA internals?

I noticed the semi bolt carrier groups are way cheaper, but that would hose any FA hopes right? Of course it'll be clipped and pinned, but I'm not sure about the bolt. Can you use a FA bolt group in a semi rifle for possible future use as an SMG or can you only buy that part when you get your sear?

From what I understand, if you got a demilled parts kit and wanted to sit in Federal Prison for years on end you could just drill out that hole on the receiver and attach a non-clipped and pinned group since there's no difference between the FA receiver and the Semi. So do you have to use a semi bolt group like in the AR-15 world?

I'm familiar with the way the AR-15/M-16's are with different bolts and lowers, but the HK world I kind of confusing.
Brock
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It is legal to have a FA carrier on a semi, so don't worry about that.   The carrier itself is different for FA but the rest of the carrier group is all the same.
The SEF trigger group in the kit will have to be modified to fit on the shelf of your semi, and I'm not just talking about the housing being C&P'd, but the trigger group itself has to be modified to fit and converted to semi-only which is probably not worth the money over buying a semi trigger group.   It will have the FA parts in it and again those are not illegal to own but become illegal if you try to modify the FA trigger group to fit on a semi housing.
What I would do is either trade the trigger group for a semi group, or just buy a semi group and keep the FA group for spare parts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
since there's no difference between the FA receiver and the Semi.

Not exactly.  

There's enough of a difference between them that it's not quite as simple as just drilling a hole.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top