Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 7:29:05 AM EDT

Are trigger groups interchangeable between all 9x series rifles?  

Are collapsing stocks interchangeable between all 9x series rifles?  If not, where's the best place to find a collapsing stock for a V51?  I found one here for $230.  Is that the best deal going?

If I want to put a sear in my V51, which already has an SEF lower, what other changes will I need to make?  

Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are trigger groups interchangeable between all 9x series rifles?  Yes, but you will have to change the ejectors (easy to do).  Also if your sear pack was set up for 9mm just change the hammer spring to a rifle spring and leave it in all the time

Are collapsing stocks interchangeable between all 9x series rifles?  If not, where's the best place to find a collapsing stock for a V51?  I found one here for $230.  Is that the best deal going?  They are not interchangeable.  That looks like a good deal

If I want to put a sear in my V51, which already has an SEF lower, what other changes will I need to make?  None- I think all of them have FA bolt carriers already so it is plug-and-play as far as sear packs go.

Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Eyegun, thank you very much.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I've seen those used retractable G3 stocks for $200 somewhere. I'll look around and get back to'ya.

A factory HK stock will likely fit but Vector should be able to tell you that (if it is a Vector).
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]

If I want to put a sear in my V51, which already has an SEF lower, what other changes will I need to make?

Are you saying you have the sear only?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No, I have a registered sear in an MP5 I finally picked up last week, and I traded another weapon for a V51 yesterday.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I have a registered sear in an MP5 I finally picked up last week, and I traded another weapon for a V51 yesterday.

10-4

What eyegun said.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:34:23 AM EDT
[#7]
The G3/91 type stock will only work on the 308 rifles as it has two push pins. The HK 33 stock and Mp5 retractable stock are interchangeable although they have different lengths so they wouldnt look right (i.e. the 93 would not lock closed on the MP5 and the MP5 stock will lock but be short on a 33/93).

Genuine/German HK G3/91 stocks are pricey, RobertRTG.com probably has the best prices on those. There are some pakistani/clone G3 stocks out there in the 200 dollar range but I would advise you to examine one before you order. Many of the ones Ive seen have had a pretty rough  matte finish, that does not match well with the German HK rifles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#8]
On another note, just any G3 collapsable stock won't work on your V51.  You need a stock that's set up for the V51, it needs the two-piece recoil-spring rod.  Just buy the stock straight from Vector for $240 and it'll be ready-to-go.  Here's the page with the stock, look about halfway down the page:Vector HK accessories.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
On another note, just any G3 collapsable stock won't work on your V51.  You need a stock that's set up for the V51, it needs the two-piece recoil-spring rod.  Just buy the stock straight from Vector for $240 and it'll be ready-to-go.  Here's the page with the stock, look about halfway down the page:Vector HK accessories.  ARKAR

Thanks, I'll just spend the extra $10 on the Vector stock.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've heard that the US made ones aren't very good. Is the Vector US made?

I bought one of the Pakistan made ones about 5 years ago (in the $220 price range) and it's pretty good. Looks and operates just fine. IIRC, they had an HK plant there or something like that. Please correct me if I'm off base here cause I'm curious as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've heard that the US made ones aren't very good. Is the Vector US made?

I bought one of the Pakistan made ones about 5 years ago (in the $220 price range) and it's pretty good. Looks and operates just fine. IIRC, they had an HK plant there or something like that. Please correct me if I'm off base here cause I'm curious as well.

Those at Vector aren't U.S. made stocks.  I don't think that there are any U.S. made G3 collapsable stocks made, only the MP5/33-53-93 stocks have been made in the U.S.  I also think that the 93 stock they sell is a cut-down 91/G3 stock modified with the recoil spring removed.  Not sure, just a hunch.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Are trigger groups interchangeable between all 9x series rifles?  Yes, but you will have to change the ejectors (easy to do).  Also if your sear pack was set up for 9mm just change the hammer spring to a rifle spring and leave it in all the time

So, lets say I own three HKs (or clones).  A 91, 93, and 94, and a registered sear.  If I decide I really like the Navy pictogram lower with 2-rnd burst option, for instance, I can just buy one of those, install the sear and a rifle spring, and change the ejectors on each of the three bolts, and I am completely good to go?  Just leave a semi lower on the other two rifles the rest of the time?

I am pretty solid on ARs, but the world of HK is a complete mystery to me right now.

Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Pictogram trigger packs use a different selector than the S-E-F (what you have) style lowers and the two will not interchange.  You would need to remove the sear itself and have it reinstalled in a Picto/Burst trigger pack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top