Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 10:34:19 AM EDT
I got a bunch of G3 mags in trade, I know the regular used alloy ones are cheap these days, but these are somewhat different. All of the aluminum ones are NIW. 8 are from 89 and looks like this...

Two are from 65 and look like this...

These also have the cage code stamped on the mag

Then there is one like this, unknown date, but still has what appears to be some sort of cage code, and the mag is sealed in plastic, and inside is wrapped is some sort of mesh oil paper...

Then, there was also 11 steel mags, all from 61 or 62, several HK made and 4 with the circle and four pointed star like some of the above aluminum ones

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure of the value to any one else but I would give $10-$20 for a new in the wrap Oberndorf marked one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#2]
the box of mags dated 89.......thats when they were reboxed I suspect they will be earlier vintage mags(like the others you have). I have 4+ boxes just like them, think I saw the same for sale for $50 for the box.

the symbol(pictured) is Rheinmetall (german)

code on the side is a NATO stock #  if part(5thand 6th digits) of the stock # is 12, that is the code for Germany, so regardless of were made they were for germany

used alum=$1-2
used surplus steel $4-5

seewww.robertrtg.com/g3magazines.html

and
www.mg-42.net/markings.htm

Germany used mags were made by many other countries, part of the deal when the German Government(untill 1977 they owned the G3 rights, after this HK did) let other countries like NOrway(100K G3's sent to Germany in a trade), Port(100K G3 to Germany)......produce the G3 was that a certain # of mags/parts and G3's were to go back to germany/Bundeswehr, the german army used other that German made(HK and Rheinmetall) G3.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top