Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 9:25:54 PM EDT
I took my PTR-91 to the range to try out some of the 81 SA 7.62 I have along with some 80. I was lazy last week and didn’t clean one of my PTR's so I figured it would be the test subject of the 81. The 81 functioned just as well as the 80 in my rifle so maybe I got some good lot's. I also shot my PTR at 200 yards for the first time tonight with open sights, it seems I shoot a little left from 100 to 200.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Poor target
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You might want to bring in the target a little closer. Can you even see it at 200 yards? The front sight would be bigger then the target at that range making it very hard to group well. Your eyes might be better then mine though.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You might want to bring in the target a little closer. Can you even see it at 200 yards? The front sight would be bigger then the target at that range making it very hard to group well. Your eyes might be better then mine though.

I could see it but the front sight covered most of the black so when I covered the black I fired. With the same size target at 100 yards I can get about 2-3 moa with the irons, corrective lenses rule.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]
now if you had a groupd of five, i could see some usfulness here. but you got a target that looks like its been hit with a shotgun 3 times/00 buck at 5 yards.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks minute of man to me!
And like a lot of fun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top