Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 10:31:00 AM EDT
I just finished up shooting at our spring self defense shoot with my Tac, did well, 7th of 33… but was rusty from a winter of limited shooting. Best I ever placed, everyone else must have had more rust than me.

Was thinking, wouldn’t it be great to have a 22 lr in the USP line so I could practice a lot more, cheaply… 1,000 .45’s in MT is about $200… 1,000 22lr’s are probably $20.

Beyond it being cheaper it would be great practice shooting a gun with the same controls. Then I started thinking. If I could use my B&T suppressor, change it out to 22lr (or leave it .45 ??) and if the barrel was threaded… it would be a tactical application for HK. And if they designed it seriously like the Tac and 23, 2-3” accuracy at 50 yards, it would actually be a LEO/military tool and not just a civie pipe dream.

Offer a compact and full size, match trigger & barrel, open end bottom rail and dream dream 20+ round mag (with side button for loading)… I would be willing to pay up to Tac prices, for a Tac comparable 22.

What-da-ya-guys think? It’s a never be, a maybe… or?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I would love to have a USP kit in .22lr.  HK used to have 22 kits for almost all of their handguns. HK Model 4, P7K3, and P9S (I think that was for sale in Europe only)

You would think that a company would make an aftermarket kit for the USP. They make one for the Browning HP, Beretta 92, Glock and 1911......I think it is time for the HK USP.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
CZ-75 And a Kadet .22 conversion...

Sweetness...

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just finished up shooting at our spring self defense shoot with my Tac, did well, 7th of 33… but was rusty from a winter of limited shooting. Best I ever placed, everyone else must have had more rust than me.

Was thinking, wouldn’t it be great to have a 22 lr in the USP line so I could practice a lot more, cheaply… 1,000 .45’s in MT is about $200… 1,000 22lr’s are probably $20.

Beyond it being cheaper it would be great practice shooting a gun with the same controls. Then I started thinking. If I could use my B&T suppressor, change it out to 22lr (or leave it .45 ??) and if the barrel was threaded… it would be a tactical application for HK. And if they designed it seriously like the Tac and 23, 2-3” accuracy at 50 yards, it would actually be a LEO/military tool and not just a civie pipe dream.

Offer a compact and full size, match trigger & barrel, open end bottom rail and dream dream 20+ round mag (with side button for loading)… I would be willing to pay up to Tac prices, for a Tac comparable 22.

What-da-ya-guys think? It’s a never be, a maybe… or?

hey where from montana are ya? im located in kalispell.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you're right on the money, nothing like .22 for practice.  

I'm looking for a nice .22 caliber 1911 type to train with.  Any suggestions? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:06:31 AM EDT
[#5]
kimber makes a real nice 1911 style .22, but id go with a conversion kit, then you can get some practice with the same gun, thats what i do, and ive been very pleased with the performance of mine..

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#6]
On annother board someone else mentioned that there are USP Airsoft guns out there that you can train with quite effectively.  Am lookin into one this weekend.  But its no 22.

In looking into major brands 22's it seems as if they are a difficult caliber to make reliable in a pistol.  Maybe it is beyond HK's engeneering capability to make a reliable one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top