Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 7:06:17 PM EDT
Okay, this has got to be old news to a lot of ppl on this board, but I just found out about it.  What do you all think of this?  It's an HK made upper that fits the AR15 platform and operates on a short-stroke gas system to give the handling and accuracy of an AR with the reliability of something like a G36.  Personally, I'm excited, at least when they start making the 16" barrels I will be anyway...

Link 1

Link 2

Link  3
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
These aren't going to be available to us lowly civilians, HK has already had a recall for the uppers that went out on the civie market.  I'm sure there'll be some more that chime in with more details about this.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to 2004 and thanks for reminding me that HK execs are dumb asses and I'll never get the chance to own one
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I never understood the motivation behind ridiculous sales practices. Will HK sell these guns to anyone with a badge or are they for SWAT teams and qualified personell only? If they make semi-auto only versions available to anyone with a badge without any special department regs etc. they seriously need to rethink their policies.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
RE-tarded company with RE-diculously awesome products.
-jls7
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#5]
An answer to a question not asked.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I never understood the motivation behind ridiculous sales practices. Will HK sell these guns to anyone with a badge or are they for SWAT teams and qualified personell only? If they make semi-auto only versions available to anyone with a badge without any special department regs etc. they seriously need to rethink their policies.

They sure do need to rethink their policies.

But to beat a dead horse it is important to note that the HK 416 and 417 (.308) is under the control of HK Defense...not HK USA that sells USP, P2000 Merkel and other sporting weapons. HK Defense sells the Law Enforcement and Military items from the MP5 to 40mm Grenade launchers.

HK D. or HK USA can not import the 416 as a semi auto rifle to the U.S. because of the 1989 AWB...they could import the 416 uppers (do not if the BATF barrel ban would apply or not). HK said they were going to release the uppers to the US public, but later changed their mind.

The only way HK could sell these thing here is to open a US plant....and that is too much money for HK to risk without a military or BIG LEO contract.

Too bad I would love to own one.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top