Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 10:30:21 AM EDT
The B&T and the Leapers Clone, do they allow the rear sight to be used still or not?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No, they do not.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Last time I took off the scope, I could see the sights just fine.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Really, So I could be able to use the iron sites still, awesome.  I ve been poundering the thought of a IOR scope but still want to remove it for close range work if need be.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
With all due repsect they most certainly do "if" you're using the B&T 21241 low mount.I just mounted one on my Vector V93 and I can still use my iron sights but I have not put a scope on it yet.I tried to put my Aimpoint ML2 on it with a Aimpoint railgrabber mount but the dot sits right at the top of the ring on the front sight and the railgrabber did not clamp on correctly on the B&T mount.If you want to co-witness the Aimpoint you will need the B&T low Aimpoint mount which i have on order-www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=BT21531&storeid=1&image=btaimring.gif.

This is the only mount I know of that will allow you to use the iron sights without removing the mount itself.If you want to use an IOR scope and the irons at the same time you're going to need the lowest rings you can find.Otherwise you'd have to remove the scope to use the iron sights.This link is more about using an Aimpoint with the B&T mounts but it might help....hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=85954&Forum=f5&Words=B%26T%2021262&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=85950&Search=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=1&oldertype=d&bodyprev=#Post85954.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just thinking of using some high quality rings that quick detach but hold the zero for going back to iron if something fails
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top