Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 9:43:11 AM EDT
Talked to JLD today, the guy I talked to said the factory in Pakistan that was producing parts for POF was "completely destroyed" by the earthquake in Pakistan.  They are expecting no parts from Pakistan in the future - ever.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought the parts were American or German made?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
On the upside...   my POF parts stash just quadrupled in value.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of.....

Could someone tell me why no one imports any MKE products  

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

sounds optimistic
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds optimistic

Or at least opportunistic.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Speaking of.....

Could someone tell me why no one imports any MKE products  

My one word guess would be, politics....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds optimistic

Woo Hoo... I'm a gouger!  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds optimistic

Woo Hoo... I'm a gouger!  

Supply & demand...baby..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds optimistic

Woo Hoo... I'm a gouger!  

Supply & demand...baby..

you know it...  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I still find it hard to believe there are no alternative sources for parts-such as wide
forearms. etc.  It would seem some enterprising outfit would rig up to build some stuff.

Yes, I know startup costs are tremendous but its a market a company could enter with
little to no competition.  Why do you think Special Weapons and their offshoots are able to stay in business-no competation. So while its a limited market it would make more sense than a company gearing up for a competitive environment where they can barely make a profit due to narrow
profit margins.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I still find it hard to believe there are no alternative sources for parts-such as wide
forearms. etc.  It would seem some enterprising outfit would rig up to build some stuff.

Yes, I know startup costs are tremendous but its a market a company could enter with
little to no competition.  Why do you think Special Weapons and their offshoots are able to stay in business-no competation. So while its a limited market it would make more sense than a company gearing up for a competitive environment where they can barely make a profit due to narrow
profit margins.

Sometimes I think it's because people think HK=$$$$, which it does!  No seriously, I think the demand is actually low.  Sure you have a lots of guys like us out there that would buy up the place, but sometimes I think we're the exception.  The demand is for the cheaper (cheaper made) stuff out there.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Time to chop up an HK German MP5...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#14]
POF = Pakistan Ordinance Factory in Pakistan.

POF USA = Patriot Ordinance Factory.

POF USA sells a bunch of HK parts built in Pakistan by POF on HK licensed tools, and dies and machinery.   POF USA also makes a lot of their own stuff like their new Piston AR Upper.

If POF in Pakistan really did get wiped out, and there are no more parts coming in, POF USA will either run out of certain parts, or they will need to find an alternate source.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds optimistic

Woo Hoo... I'm a gouger!  

Only if they pay.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

profit margins.

Sometimes I think it's because people think HK=$$$$, which it does!  No seriously, I think the demand is actually low.  Sure you have a lots of guys like us out there that would buy up the place, but sometimes I think we're the exception.  The demand is for the cheaper (cheaper made) stuff out there.  

You are likely right. Its just that the market may seem larger than it is discussing it with other
HK guys. I just think it still makes more sense than entering a crowded market -like building  more AR stuff.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#17]
If true this is bad news.  However, I had thought I'd seen on another thread that POF's factory was nowhere near where the earthquake took place.  Also, POF -USA's official position has always been part kits are coming - we just don't know when.  (At least that was there position 6-8 months ago when I last spoke with them.

Not saying you're wrong Mouseboy, but I would be interested if anyone else out there could confirm this.

At any rate, glad I bought a parts kit from POF in late 04' before they ran out.  Kind of wish I'd bought a couple of extra.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If true this is bad news.  However, I had thought I'd seen on another thread that POF's factory was nowhere near where the earthquake took place.  Also, POF -USA's official position has always been part kits are coming - we just don't know when.  (At least that was there position 6-8 months ago when I last spoke with them.

Not saying you're wrong Mouseboy, but I would be interested if anyone else out there could confirm this.

At any rate, glad I bought a parts kit from POF in late 04' before they ran out.  Kind of wish I'd bought a couple of extra.

I'm correct in reporting that I was told by JLD the factory was destroyed.  Correct or not I don't know.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
POF = Pakistan Ordinance Factory in Pakistan.

POF USA = Patriot Ordinance Factory.

POF USA sells a bunch of HK parts built in Pakistan by POF on HK licensed tools, and dies and machinery.   POF USA also makes a lot of their own stuff like their new Piston AR Upper.

If POF in Pakistan really did get wiped out, and there are no more parts coming in, POF USA will either run out of certain parts, or they will need to find an alternate source.

They should make you president of the corporation.

JR
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll find out if this is true, shouldn't be very hard to confirm the truth regarding this.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'll find out if this is true, shouldn't be very hard to confirm the truth regarding this.

Tick tock tick tock... (waiting for answer).
-jls7
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I am sure that that is only a rumor as the facility is in Rawalpindi it's quite large as it's a government facility like I dunno 40 factorys so thats only a rumor as there was only like a single building that fell that was not in the mountains and that was in Islambad and pindi is a few miles further.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thousands die, Cities are smashed, Gun Parts not available, but trust Osprey21 to find the bright spot...  Always a Ray Of Sunshine.....

BIGGER_HAMMER

"Some people see this mag as half empty....  I prefer to think of it as half full!!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top