Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 3:34:35 PM EDT
OK this weekend I should break down and buy my scope mount for a PTR91. It is between an ARMS lever mount or a BK low mount. How much higher  does the ARMS mount the scope as compared to the BK? I just love the look of the claw mounts on a HK clone. And while I am at it how about some good ring sets that won't break the bank like the mounts do. Later during the week I get to bug every one about scopes.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:26:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the claw mounts(with SS10x and Hensoldt) on the 91-93's and the Bt low mount w/EOtech  on the HK94
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Landpimp, if you do not mind, take a measurement of the center of the scope mounted with a claw mount and then center to the barrel. Now I know you do not have a low mount BT on a 91 but estimate center to center on a 91. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry, not feeling to swift today, I am not following you, but am more than happy to help

Quoted:
Landpimp, if you do not mind, take a measurement of the center of the scope mounted with a claw mount and then center to the barrel. Now I know you do not have a low mount BT on a 91 but estimate center to center on a 91. Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi

Sent you an eamil ..

Thanks
Eagle20
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
There's an A.R.M.S. mount for the HK91?

What model is it?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:36:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There's an A.R.M.S. mount for the HK91?

What model is it?

ARMS #1

http://www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/MP-5_MOUNT/1
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ARMS #1
www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/MP-5_MOUNT/1 <--made hot

Very nice!

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, and there's tons of them on Gunbroker for $120-$130!!!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I've found the ARMS mount to work itself loose. Maybe it just compresses the receiver over time and gets loose that way. I don't know for sure. It was tight when I first installed it. Not a favorite of mine and I don't like the way it mars, marks, scratches, and might be bending the receiver inward. I think it throws off the accuracy as it moves as well. Plus it's not fun to go to the range with a tight mount and leave with a loose one.

The B&T mount is better because it can just be left on. You still have to be careful installing it with even pressure to all the screws or it can compress the receiver enough hamper bolt movement. I have not ever had one come loose but I don't yet have years of leaving it in place to verify.

I have not used the actual German made claw mount but it probably works well if its service record is any indication.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Who's good source for B&T (origninal ones...not clones like the ones currently on gunbroker.com) mounts for the G3/PTR 91?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Have arms mounts on my 91 and 93 and they have been on there around 15 years with no problems.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www.dsarms.com

Thanks!  I'll give then a call tomorrow; they don't have the price listed on their website.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Have arms mounts on my 91 and 93 and they have been on there around 15 years with no problems.
JRandyH

ARMS subcontracts their work out so a 15 year old mount was probably made by a different manufacturer than a 5 year old mount, or one bought this year. It would not surprise me if they were all made in commie wallyworld land now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top