Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:51:34 PM EDT
What did you get? Is it a genuine JLD? Any pics?  Seems like a really good deal......
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
DUPE!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What did you get? Is it a genuine JLD? Any pics?  Seems like a really good deal......

Did you mean Sarco?  I didn't know that Tapco sold firearms, I think they sell only accessories.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm assuming you mean Sarco.  I actually emailed Victor at JLD yesterday and they are genuine JLD rifles, just old stock without threaded barrels.  My concern was if they were the old type rifle with .308 match chambers instead of the newer 7.62 NATO type.  He assured me they are the NATO chambered just older rifles without threaded barrels.

Mine is in order.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm assuming you mean Sarco.  I actually emailed Victor at JLD yesterday and they are genuine JLD rifles, just old stock without threaded barrels.  My concern was if they were the old type rifle with .308 match chambers instead of the newer 7.62 NATO type.  He assured me they are the NATO chambered just older rifles without threaded barrels.

Mine is in order.

Bingo, yes.....sorry I meant Sarco.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#5]
being ignorant of current value of these...is Sarco's discount price good?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Umm.... Yes!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Hope you have better luck than I did last year when I ordered one.  They sat on the order for 2 months and I finally cancelled the MO(still hadn't cashed it--order probably sitting on the floor somewhere).  A month later they called my dealer all pissy and whined that they didn't like dealing with us and to not order anything again because of the way WE acted!!!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hope you have better luck than I did last year when I ordered one.  They sat on the order for 2 months and I finally cancelled the MO(still hadn't cashed it--order probably sitting on the floor somewhere).  A month later they called my dealer all pissy and whined that they didn't like dealing with us and to not order anything again because of the way WE acted!!!  

Sounds just like Sarco!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I just got one a few weeks ago.  Mine shipped about 10 working days after I ordered it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just got one a few weeks ago.  Mine shipped about 10 working days after I ordered it.

great, at this rate I'll be 40 before I receive it
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I was going to order one and then put the flash hider on myself.  Cost wise it would be a
great deal even with that added expense.  However, I found a K model on the EE that I
bought instead.  

It was a whole lot more money and I have questioned why I would spend $300 more. It does, off course, have the flash hider, a wide hanguard, folding stock and its a Kurtz model instead.

But if you can live with a regular one that is a smoking deal when you consider the price isn't much higher than what people want for CETMEs or other Century G3s these days.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Klutch
when did you place your order with Sarco? i'm going to be placeing a order with them next week for my prt-91.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I called Mike at Sarco and asked a few questions about the PTR's they had in stock.
(The Black PTR's for $595.00 don't have flash hiders. The Green PTR's for $695.00 do)

I called again a couple of days later and left a message with another question.
Mike called me back the next day with the answer.
(The Green PTR91-TF has German Furniture. Nice to know if I want a collapsable stock. 922r)

I faxed in my order with copy of my dealer's FFL and CC info for $713.00

10 days later I picked up my PTR91 from my dealer.

For all the negative reviews I've seen Sarco get
They treated me better than Atlantic Firearms.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#14]
good to know migradog i'll have to ask about the green ptr's when i place my order
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I called Mike at Sarco and asked a few questions about the PTR's they had in stock.
(The Black PTR's for $595.00 don't have flash hiders. The Green PTR's for $695.00 do)

I called again a couple of days later and left a message with another question.
Mike called me back the next day with the answer.
(The Green PTR91-TF has German Furniture. Nice to know if I want a collapsable stock. 922r)

I faxed in my order with copy of my dealer's FFL and CC info for $713.00

10 days later I picked up my PTR91 from my dealer.

For all the negative reviews I've seen Sarco get
They treated me better than Atlantic Firearms.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/borderguy/Feb2701.jpg

I'm getting ichey
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I just ordered a PTR from Sarco on Monday after seeing Migradog's rifle on his post. Sarco has PTRs with flash hiders in both black and green. I ordered black. They told me it would be 7-10 days for delivery.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I just ordered a PTR from Sarco on Monday after seeing Migradog's rifle on his post. Sarco has PTRs with flash hiders in both black and green. I ordered black. They told me it would be 7-10 days for delivery.

I should have ordered 3
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Do those have FA carriers in them?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I had my dealer order one for me about a week ago. Hope that 7-10 days delivery time is right!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#20]
i ordered a $595 rifle for sarco on tuesday, and in my talks on two occasions with them, was told that both their black stock and green stock rifles did not come with a FH.  that those versions were all sold.

it may be that what you hear depends on who you talk to and how familiar they are with that line's inventory.  so be clear before you order if it matters.  i was not that concerned and liked the pricing.

looking forward to my new rifle!

best of luck all

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do those have FA carriers in them?

Probably not, most builders tend to machine the boltcarrier to semi-auto spec.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Um...dumb question from a newb.

green furniture, black furniture... paying for color diff only?  something that makes the green better or than aesthetics?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Um...dumb question from a newb.

green furniture, German made, so a stock swap has fewer 922r compliance issues, also will come with a flash hider if you buy it from Sarco for $695.00
black furniture... paying for color diff only? American made, possibly less US parts in rifle. The $595.00 Sarco PTR does not have a flashider.
something that makes the green better or than aesthetics?Not really, but I already have a Greek SAR8 with a black stock and wanted a flash hider on my PTR

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:59:13 AM EDT
[#24]
k.,.. continuing to follow up... and asking because I saw another post that some of the green stocks aren't german-made....

If I wanted one of the german-made collapsible stocks out there right now, I'd have to make sure my parts count stays within spec on the gun I bought, right?

I look at these, and am not real interested in a flash hider, so I'm wondering if I'd still be ok
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:41:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
k.,.. continuing to follow up... and asking because I saw another post that some of the green stocks aren't german-made....

If I wanted one of the german-made collapsible stocks out there right now, I'd have to make sure my parts count stays within spec on the gun I bought, right?

I look at these, and am not real interested in a flash hider, so I'm wondering if I'd still be ok

Probably need to pop in a US made sear, hammer or trigger
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I just ordered one on the 20th (March), the count begins. I will let everyone know when I get mine.

Ian
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered one on the 14th, and my FFL holder ordered a couple for himself at the same time.  I've already found a wide handguard, sent off amoney order, and received it today.  Now I've just got to wait on Sarco
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Picked mine up yesterday. It was worth the wait, these are nice rifles!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I just called and they're f'in all sold out. Crap!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Bought one from them a couple of months ago.  Great price.  They told me it would take about 2 weeks for delivery, then shipped it in less than a week.

I bought the one w/o a flash hider - but I live in Mass., so that's the only model I'm allowed.  Glad they offered this option.

Have taken the gun to the range a half dozen times and it runs great.  Had some trigger work done to fix the HORRIBLE stock trigger and mounted a 6x fixed scope.  Gun is capable of 1.5 MOA with mil. surp. ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Screw Sarco!  I just got an e-mail from my FFL holder.  Around the begining of Feb I contacted him about ordering a PTR91 through Sarco.  He called up and inquired about availability and told me that they were available and what my cost would be.  It was a great deal so he then placed an order for mine and two for himself on about the 14th.  He has been calling them about every week since asking about the status.  I just got an e-mail from him saying that he just got off of the phone with Sarco and they told him that they had no record of his order, or his FFL and they are sold out!

ETA- I already bought a wide handguard for it!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Have taken the gun to the range a half dozen times and it runs great.  Had some trigger work done to fix the HORRIBLE stock trigger and mounted a 6x fixed scope.  Gun is capable of 1.5 MOA with mil. surp. ammo.

what kind of trigger work have you done to your PTR? and who did the work for you.
thanks
dj1075
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got my PTR-91 today from Sarco. I think it arrived a few days ago at my FFL.

Rifle is very nice, serial starts with an A. The handguard wiggles which sucks but I don't blame it on Sarco.

Overall, others might have had problems with them but their serivce was good in my opinion.

Ill post some pics and let you know how it shoots when I go to the range.

Ian
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#34]
DJ - based on my research there are two guys that have a good reputation for doing trigger work on the PTR91 - Bill Springfield (sorry don't have any contact info, but you might try doing a search on this forum) and Williams Trigger.  Springfield's prices are a little lower, but you have more options with Williams Trigger.

I used Williams Trigger.  Went with their middle tier option, where they replace the trigger with longer trigger for better leverage.  The trigger I sent them broke at 9+ pounds and had a fair amount of creep.  Came back at about 4.5 pounds with significantly less creep.  Made a world of difference, but it was somewhat pricey (about $100).
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Pippin
i was just curios if you were doing the trigger work yourself. bill does some  awesome work and a great price at that. i just like doing my own work on my rifles, self gratification if you know what i mean.
i thought you may have some new tricks for JLD trigger.
thanks
DJ1075
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#36]
DJ - my trick is to send the gun out to someone who knows what they are doing.  Seems to me that one of the ways you can divide people up is race car drivers vs. mechanics - i.e. those who know how to use the equipment vs. those who know how to maintain, repair, equipment (and maybe use it as well).  While I would love to be a "mechanic" after 47 years of screwed up DIY projects I've learned that, at least for me, it's usually better (and in the long run cheaper) to let the professionals do it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top