Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 11:47:40 AM EDT
It seems to be the furthest development of caseless ammo in a mil/police weapon, in the Western world anyway. The only other one I've heard of is the Steyr/USEL hunting arm.

Military uses blank firing adaptors a lot; I can't see much way to do this with caseless ammo tho'.

Did HK figure out how to do this, or did they just assume the ammo/arms would get by without the ability? Or was it ever really addressed?
~
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there some secret to registering at hkpro.com forums???

I have tried several times over the last few days, and got nothing at two different email addresses (both are ISP addresses, as I have service on two different ISP's). I have no spam-blocking software on my PC, and on at least one of the email addresses I know that there is no ISP spam filtering in effect (I requested they disable it on that account a long time ago). I sent a couple emails to the hkpro@hkpro address, and got nothing as well. I tried sending an email to admin@hkpro just now.

I recently installed new antivirus software which I thought might be a problem, but emails I sent elsehwere have no problems, and I can send emails to myself from one to the other domains (norcom2000.com and charter.net) and they arrive in seconds.

?

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
HK probably didn't bother to develop a blank-firing adapter.  Why waste time developing a whole mess of accessories for a firearm nobody has committed to yet?  If the G11 caught on I'm sure they would have figured out a way to make it work with blank-firing adapters if someone requested that as a feature.

I don't think caseless ammunition would be a problem.  I'd be more concerned about their rapid-burst system.  The G11 appears to use a free-floating action to delay the transmission of recoil (based on videos where the magazine appears to retract during firing), which could be a problem since a blank round isn't going to produce the same recoil as the standard service round.  I suppose something akin to a reverse muzzle brake might allow it to work.  The idea would be to have ports slanted toward the front of the firearm so that the gasses hitting the large surfaces would help force the barrel rearward.  Since there would be no way to crimp a caseless round, a wad of some sort could be incorporated in place of a bullet to help pressure build up more suddenly.  The blank-firing adapter/muzzle accelerator could have some arrangement to help capture the wad to improve safety.  This is all speculative of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top