Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 5:28:20 PM EDT
Has anyone purchased one?  I see .357 sig, 10mm, and .40.  Do they make them in 9mm?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If you decide to get one I have heard that the .40 cal is the best.  I plan on purchasing a Vector .40 cal myself in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
They don't make them in 9mm, at least not yet.  It's rumored that they will possibly have some 9mm versions available in the summer, we'll have to see.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  I think I will hold out for the 9mm.  I don't think we can go wrong with Vector.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Just be aware that the clones that are offered by Vector presently aren't produced by Vector.  I believe they are produced by Cohair Arms for Vector.  I don't know if Vector will be producing the 9mm version themselves or not.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Why the hell Vector didn't start  with a 9mm gun is beyond me.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#6]
VEctor PDW = Cohaire Arms = Special Weapons

BOmber
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Because that would have dug into BWs sales.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys remember Vector's firearms are produced by Cohair, which is supposed to be affiliated with Special Weapons, which supplied parts to Bobcat Weapons for the BW5.  I would assume that Bobcat had exclusive rights to the 9mm parts that Special Weapons produces and this left only the other three caliber MP clones for Cohair to make for Vector to market.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right, I hadn't considered the fact there may have been a non-compete claus in the receiver deal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right, I hadn't considered the fact there may have been a non-compete claus in the receiver deal.

Its the ONLY reason Vector wouldnt tap into the very hungry mp5/9mm market.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#11]
A lot of things would have to change for me to trust them.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A lot of things would have to change for me to trust them.  

Who Vector?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got no problems at all with my Vector V-53.  It is a very nice weapon.  The welds are well done and neat and the finish is flawless.  It runs perfect and is very accurate.  

+1 for Vector
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Another +1 for Vector.  I'm one of the guys that bought the MP5/10 clone that was mfg by Cohaire and sold by Vector.  My original gun had nothing but problems.  Sent it back to Vector, who forwarded it to Todd/Cohaire for a fix.  

Well gun came back after Todd fixed a couple of different problems.  Vector looked at the repairs, decided that the gun now looked pretty banged up and sent me a BRAND NEW GUN.  They did this on their own, not because I made a big stink about it.  Have put about 150 rounds through new gun with zero problems.

I would, and in fact will do business with Vector again.  Great customer service, and they really stand behind their products.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a MP5/10 from Vector. I don't think they knew really what they were getting into when they signed that deal with the devil, uh Todd.

Mine has been sent back for multiple failures. It now runs fine, but will not run with my buddy's registered sear. Yes a FA bolt carrier was used.

They are simply out of spec.

It is a sad thing when the Pakistanis can outdo a man on quality on a weapon. Todd has no shame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top