Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:36:47 PM EDT
I just got it back from Vector (SBR-V53). It did have a fake silencer and a fixed butt stock. They shorten the barrel and added the vortex flash hider I supplied, changed the lower to 0-1-30, did the engraving, and added a modified .308 cal. stock. The stock has no wobble

2-25-06

Took it to the range today. The thing works perfectly. I put about 200rnds of wolf FMJ through it. It produced nice clover leaf groups at 15 yards (indoor range)!!!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats awesome!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!  Really nice weapon, give us a range report-ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The diet coke of EVIL... Wait no, the regular coke of evil (more calories).
-jls7
btw: nice gun! wish i could sbr ANYTHING!!! Alas i live in WA.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hawt!  That looks great and a lot like what my next NFA gun will (navy lower, older style G3 stock).  I just filed a week or so ago to SBR my V51 pistol.  Tick, tock, tick, tock.  The wait is so painful.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You are gonna love it.  I just got my V51 SBR and it is great. Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The only thing left is to get an HK53 handguard and it will be perfect.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have a B&T with to put on it with a Tango down forward grip and a Pentagon flashlight.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a B&T with to put on it with a Tango down forward grip and a Pentagon flashlight.

Dude, you can post that and then not include pictures.

PICS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats a very nice looknig setup
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I want one...but with a fixed stock.

Should I get the Pistol and File a form 1 myself, then buy a stock...or do you think I should buy the SBR from Vector through a local Class 3 dealer?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Should I get the Pistol and File a form 1 myself, then buy a stock...or do you think I should buy the SBR from Vector through a local Class 3 dealer?

I'd buy it ready to run. A friend of mine bought the pistol version thinking once the form 1 was approved he could just add the stock and be done with it but, he said it didn't work and had to send it back to Vector to work with a stock.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#12]
thanks...I think I'll go by my dealer to setup the transfer and get things rolling. I probably wouldn't really shoot it much in pistol form anyways.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd buy it ready to run. A friend of mine bought the pistol version thinking once the form 1 was approved he could just add the stock and be done with it but, he said it didn't work and had to send it back to Vector to work with a stock.

why would it not work if all that was added was a stock?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

why would it not work if all that was added was a stock?

Not sure.  Just repeating what I was told.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe your friend wasn't talking about the gun not working but fitment of the stock?  I've heard some reports that the reciever is slightly smaller than HK spec, which would mean custom fitting the stock slightly (or beating it in with a rubber mallet). I'm not familar with the HK93/94/53 single pin stocks, do they have the recoil assembly and buffer built into them like the HK91s? He may have also tried to put the wrong stock on it, like a collapsable stock from a 91?

I asked Vector about buying a V53 pistol and stock. They said I can order both at the same time and just add the stock when my stamp comes in. Fixed stocks are $65 and collapsables are $240.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Saleen...

would you be interested in selling the fixed buttstock you took off?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Maybe your friend wasn't talking about the gun not working but fitment of the stock?  I've heard some reports that the reciever is slightly smaller than HK spec, which would mean custom fitting the stock slightly (or beating it in with a rubber mallet). I'm not familar with the HK93/94/53 single pin stocks, do they have the recoil assembly and buffer built into them like the HK91s? He may have also tried to put the wrong stock on it, like a collapsable stock from a 91?

I asked Vector about buying a V53 pistol and stock. They said I can order both at the same time and just add the stock when my stamp comes in. Fixed stocks are $65 and collapsables are $240.

Like I said I'm just going by what I was told and I honestly don't know all the factors in the situation. If it is that easy super!

Here is the the email:

I had to send mine back after I SBR’ed b/c it wouldn't eject properly with a full stock on it (remember mine started life as a pistol).  The tech said it is problem with the lower I was using and he would replace the Navy lower with a 0,1,30 lower.  It took me forever to diagnose this thing.  I bought a #3 locking piece, a new extractor, a new extractor spring, and +1 rollers

I hope that helps
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Saleen...

would you be interested in selling the fixed buttstock you took off?

I would but, Vector was kind enough to give me credit on the fixed stock towards the coll. one I bought from them
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks...sounds like Vector takes care of its customers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:39:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Guys, I am the one that had the problem with the V53 pistol that 89Saleen was referencing.  The problem was the lower sat low in the shelf with anything other than the pistol end cap.  Once I put ANY stock on it, the ejector lever was too far down to properly eject the cases so they would get wedged in the action.  They said this was a common problem on the lowers they were using a while back (maybe a year ago?) and that the new lowers fixed this problem.  Now the rifle runs like a raped monkey.  I bought it as a pistol so I could shoot it and work out any problems before my paperwork came back approved.  Pretty ironic huh
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I think the Vector 93's use the buffered carrier, so no buffer in the stock

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think the Vector 93's use the buffered carrier, so no buffer in the stock

Quoted:

You are correct.  You can either remove the buffer in the stock or the carrier.  I opted for the carrier as it is much easier in my opinion.  If you run it with both buffers you will probably have some reliability problems.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Guys, I am the one that had the problem with the V53 pistol that 89Saleen was referencing.  The problem was the lower sat low in the shelf with anything other than the pistol end cap.  Once I put ANY stock on it, the ejector lever was too far down to properly eject the cases so they would get wedged in the action.  They said this was a common problem on the lowers they were using a while back (maybe a year ago?) and that the new lowers fixed this problem.  Now the rifle runs like a raped monkey.  I bought it as a pistol so I could shoot it and work out any problems before my paperwork came back approved.  Pretty ironic huh

Thanks for the info! So from the sounds of it, Vector is now using the new lowers in the current pistols. I also got this reply back from Vector...

Q: One last question. Would I need to do any special work (or buy any
additional parts like a recoil/buffer assembly) or do I just need to take
the cap off of the pistol and add the stock when my stamp comes in?

A: It is that simple.  Take the cap off and slide on the stock.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Very nice!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#25]
That is totally excellent.  Since you've gone the SBR route, consider having SEI/Dave Fisher fisher make you an M4DC QD suppressor for that Vortex.  It would be a one-off model optimized for the HK Vortex, but no big deal.  Yes, a very nice rifle, indeed.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top