Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 8:45:24 PM EDT
Just got a California DOC HK94 and I want to SBR it with a 3 lug threaded barrel.

What is the best way to do this?

Do most people replace the 94 barrel with a MP5 3 lug threaded? Or is there some adaptor that can be added to a cut and crowned 94 barrel?

And who is the best guy for the job (decent price, quality work and isn't backed up to 2007)?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You can have the 94 barrel cut and a three lug adapter installed, like this one from Mark McWillis at trosusa.com.

The problem is there are only a couple of people that have the equipment to properly thread the barrel while still in the receiver. I believe ARS is one of them.  Give them a call and ask, 623-556-8056.

It may be ultimately be quicker (and cheaper) just to buy a 3 lug barrel from POF and have a HK smith install and finish it.

HTH

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#2]
S&H of Oklahoma, TSCmachine, Murray Urbach, Ralph Smith, ARS Azexarms, ARS, IGF all do this.  Expect waits for every one of these, between a few weeks to months. Tery Dyer is not taking new work last I checked with him 2 months ago. Cost varies significantly.

m60joe.com also just does the cutoff/thread/install your 3lug for $118 delivered.

The TROS 3 lug is stainless, won't take parkerizing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Jayson at Investment Grade Firearms did two for me.  I just got them back today.  He also did the required engraving.  Total time was about 3 weeks.  Cost  to chop 2 barrels, add 3 lug and thread protector for each and engraving for  was $570.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top