Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 8:28:47 AM EDT
Any rumors, facts, hearsay, etc., about a possible semi-auto version of the H&K
model 416, 223 caliber M4 type rifle? The gas-piston system of functioning with
H&K quality would seem to make for a really great rifle.........
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like the news from SHOT show is no.

Only way it could be sold in US is if produced here.
And HK seems unwilling to build factory in USA.
So I would be willing to say that any rumors to the contrary or absolutely 100% false.

For good piston upper, check Leitner Wise, POF or (most promising) Colt.

SMGLee posted some pictures of the Colt gas piston upper , and it supposedly will be available to us unwashed masses.
Pictures of the Colt gas piston upper

This thing looks real nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Even the Hk416 lower would be nice to have!

The colt does indeed look very nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Seems like the news from SHOT show is no.

Only way it could be sold in US is if produced here.
And HK seems unwilling to build factory in USA.
So I would be willing to say that any rumors to the contrary or absolutely 100% false.

For good piston upper, check Leitner Wise, POF or (most promising) Colt.

SMGLee posted some pictures of the Colt gas piston upper , and it supposedly will be available to us unwashed masses.
Pictures of the Colt gas piston upper

This thing looks real nice.

Colt's policies are sooooo much better than HK's...  And to think Colt already has a factory in the US...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
is that sarcasm?

you are right though colt is lame.

hopefully they pull head out. Maybe they have been beaten so bad in the market as of late they see the wisdom of starting to sell to civilians.

I think this will be the case, as it is a relative non-issue to get a Colt LEO semi-auto carbine at this time. By this I mean they can be had very easily.

I think Colt is coming around.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
is that sarcasm?

hopefully they pull head out. Maybe they have been beaten so bad in the market as of late they see the wisdom of starting to sell to civilians.

I think this will be the case, as it is a relative non-issue to get a Colt LEO semi-auto carbine at this time. By this I mean they can be had very easily.

Colt is allowing semi-auto title 1 LEO type guns to be sold now to civvies.  I expect the new gas system guns to also be sold to us.  I will probably not get one, probably will get a SIG.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]
If I could get a gas ar-15 upper, I would go with the HK design.  I have heard POF uppers are not the highest quality, and if you use a supressor, you'll end up blowing the upper appart.  I would probably buy that new SIG 550 they are comming out with, if it did not have the corny ar-15 collasable stock on it.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if the HK style sights will start popping up for sale.
gotta get me some of them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
is that sarcasm?

Colt is allowing semi-auto title 1 LEO type guns to be sold now to civvies.  I expect the new gas system guns to also be sold to us.  I will probably not get one, probably will get a SIG.  

Compare the colt to the SIG, the SG556 is a pig in size....that Colt on display had a 16inch barrel with a civvy legal lower.. tell me Colt isn't thinking civilian sales... $$$$$$$.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top