Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 6:33:32 AM EDT
I want to ditch the HK-style bipod in favor of a Harris-style unit.  The problem is that attaching just a sling swivel to a wide forearm isn't (IMO) the best proposition.

Sure, I could just drill out one of the heatshield rivet holes a bit and install a universal sling swivel and then attach the Harris bipod to that.  But I fear that won't be the most sturdy or steady setup.

I had a chance to test-fit one of Top Notch's PSG/MSG clone forearms with the accessory rail on the bottom but the forearm doesn't fit my gun well enough to be a sturdy enough mount IMO.

I do however like the idea of an accessory rail on the bottom of the forearm to which I could mount a bipod.  I don't however really want to spend $150 for the JLD aluminum "tactical" forearm and even more $$ for the picatinny rail to attach to the bottom of it.  For starters, I don't like the way it looks.

Any thoughts on how to attach a swivel-mount bipod or accessory rail to my wide forearm?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to ditch the HK-style bipod in favor of a Harris-style unit.  The problem is that attaching just a sling swivel to a wide forearm isn't (IMO) the best proposition.

Sure, I could just drill out one of the heatshield rivet holes a bit and install a universal sling swivel and then attach the Harris bipod to that.  But I fear that won't be the most sturdy or steady setup.

I had a chance to test-fit one of Top Notch's PSG/MSG clone forearms with the accessory rail on the bottom but the forearm doesn't fit my gun well enough to be a sturdy enough mount IMO.

I do however like the idea of an accessory rail on the bottom of the forearm to which I could mount a bipod.  I don't however really want to spend $150 for the JLD aluminum "tactical" forearm and even more $$ for the picatinny rail to attach to the bottom of it.  For starters, I don't like the way it looks.

Any thoughts on how to attach a swivel-mount bipod or accessory rail to my wide forearm?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

That it what I did.

Bought a spare forearm so I did not feel bad about wrecking the factory one.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a CETME do they make a quick attach/detach or concealable bipod for it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks in advance,
Eric

That it what I did.

Chris

Do you have any pics?  Sounds interesting.

Do you think it's a stable enough?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not certain they stil make it, but Harris used to make an adapter for the bipod slot that would let it take a Harris where the factory bipod goes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks in advance,
Eric

That it what I did.

Chris

Do you have any pics?  Sounds interesting.

Do you think it's a stable enough?

[img=img141.imageshack.us/img141/9758/10003511fj.th.jpg]

It is very stable, and can adjust unlike the HK bipod.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top