Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 4:16:30 PM EDT
Alright guys, don't flame me for asking this question......

I'm in the market for an HK94 clone that I plan to register as SBR.  I had planned on paying Jayson at I.G.F. to build me one with a parts kit from Top Notch, but it looks like they pulled all those kits and Todd Bailey is going to build them as Special Weapons guns.  I'm sure most of you know about the Todd Bailey/Bobcat Weapons fall-out, so I won't get into that.  Todd is building these guns and pricing them for about half the price of Bobcat Weapons guns, so my question is:  Should I buy one of Todd's guns, or pay twice as much for one of Bobcat Weapon's guns?  My gut feeling is to pay the extra, as I have much more faith in the Bobcat Weapon's gun.  Can you guys give me any advice?  I'm in Arkansas and not far from I.G.F., so if needs arise I can run the gun up to I.G.F. and have Jayson "tweak" it if I buy one of Todd's guns(as I'd expect to have to), but I'd rather avoid that.  Thank you in advance!  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Without a doubt I would chose bobcat over  special weapons anyday!
Todd needs to dump these parts because he is stuck with them plus he wants to stick it to bobcat for dumping him imo !

If you buy one of those special weapons guns and have trouble with it I can hear Todd saying what the hell did you expect for 795.00 a brand new hk !

If you are not in a big hurry and can wait until summer Vector is going to start making these mp5's and They do excellent work and stand behind it 100% !

The only thing better would be to buy a parts kit and have jason at Igf make it for you!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That's just what I expected to hear!  Thanks Commando, I had spoke with Jayson and planned to have him build me a gun, but the parts kits went to Todd.  I had a gut feeling to go with the Bobcat Weapons gun and I was wanting it confirmed, even though it costs almost twice as much.  I think I'll heed your advice and see what Vector is going to do, I already have all the parts for a HK G3K clone so I can go ahead and buy a JLD PTR-91K and have Jayson chop it in the mean time.  I have a new HK93 forearm and an HK collapsible G3 stock just waiting!  Thanks again-ARKAR  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Todd's reputation, plus the BW lifetime warranty led me to choose a BW5-FS.  In fact, I need to check and see if it shipped Monday...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top