Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 6:26:58 PM EDT
My rifle (I bought it about 3 months ago) has consistently shot low and to the left.  Groups
using two different ammos (SA and Portuguese) averaged 1 1/2 - 2 inches to the left of center
when using a sandbag and iron sights.

I was able to adjust the elevation using a pair of tweezers and following the instructions in the
manual.  When adjusting for windage I have adjusted the screw all the way counterclockwise
as per the instruction manual.  The groups did "move" over to the right some but are still off
center with the screw twisted to the maximum.

I sent the rifle back to JLD as of last Wednesday and will be interested in what they find.  As
I sighted down the rifle barrel I cold not tell if the front sight post was canted one way or the other.

I will let you know what they find.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Keep us posted . . . . . . . . . .
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:52:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard their customer service is pretty good.

I'll check back to see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Any trouble give Victor a call at JLD. He is a solid guy and will take care of you.

Keep us posted. Yours is the first I heard go back for this kind of issue.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a similiar problem w/ my PTR, and my buddy has one too.  Victor claimed that he hadn't heard of too many people reporting this, but this is 3 rifles I know of know.

I still need to mail mine back.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top