Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 1:11:24 PM EDT
Hello

I have a vulcan 94 collapsable stock its very sloppy when its extended wiggles up and down and is loose fitting and it scraps when being sliding in it also pivots back a little when extended on the top where so its not flush which adds to the problem.

is this normal (i have not shot a real 94 with collapsing stock and i do not recall the slop)

Vulcan said they would replace if there is a problem with it but they said this is normal so befor i send it back i need to know if it is .

Thanks for the help

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
One word for ya.....

"Vulcan"

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
One word for ya.....

"Vulcan"

So is it because its vulcan and  its a faulty stock or do you have a non vulcan that does not wobble. clones are all pos when compared to the real thing but hey i could afford it (much rather have the real thing but hey they are limited) . my main rifle is a AR15 but i need to see if i can work the bugs out of this one
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a genuine HK A3 stock on my 94, its ROCK solid
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a HK collapsable stock on ebay for the HK91. Not sure it is the same but you could look it up here. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7217630626&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info . i thought the real 94 i shot years ago was solid.

So does any one else have a vulcan or other clone that is loose fitting ?  need to know if this is typical of non factory hk stocks or if i just got a dud.

thanks Scooter1942 for the link for the 91 stock but its differant and wont fit. i have one them also and its rock solid . i was just wish the vulcan i had was this solid

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info . i thought the real 94 i shot years ago was solid.

So does any one else have a vulcan or other clone that is loose fitting ?  need to know if this is typical of non factory hk stocks or if i just got a dud.

thanks Scooter1942 for the link for the 91 stock but its differant and wont fit. i have one them also and its rock solid . i was just wish the vulcan i had was this solid

All the clone stocks I have seen sucked.  Garbage.  I would save for a real H&K stock or buy the B&T folder. I hear its great (and has an actual cheek weld, unlike the collapsable).

bp
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup...what he ^^^ said.   Don't  1/2 a$$ it.  Save up and get the real deal...you won't be sorry.  It's better to pay the higher price and cry once, rather than buy cheap and cry multiple times.

Just my humble opinion.

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
If you value function over traditional look, the B&T side folder is fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking about this too, but the regualr stock on m '94 is so damned comfortable that I'm sticking with it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#10]
B&T is the best.  A3 is solid but bad on the cheek in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
B&T is the best.  A3 is solid but bad on the cheek in comparison.
i1.tinypic.com/ndmn3o.jpg

yeah but with the BandT you need to get a polymer lower too or else the whole 'look' is WAAAAY off.  I have a refiniehded california 94.  I'm messing with the front end, but leaving the rear.  IT's damn comfortable and good looking too.  Not too compact, but this is a safe queen for me anyway!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Look is fine to me with metal lower, but that is really secondary to the great function.  After hundreds of  rounds in full auto the cheek is grateful to have the B&T! I also like the A2 stock on the cheek but there is more play in the receiver fit than the B&T.  

Uzi also has a cool metal stock but it likes to cut the cheek. Wood is best, but clunkier to look at.  After taking the guns out to the range a few times I care more about how it feels.

IIRC Vulcan also sells a B&T clone stock, no experience with it, but it is cheap...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Look is fine to me with metal lower, but that is really secondary to the great function.  After hundreds of  rounds in full auto the cheek is grateful to have the B&T! I also like the A2 stock on the cheek but there is more play in the receiver fit than the B&T.  

Uzi also has a cool metal stock but it likes to cut the cheek. Wood is best, but clunkier to look at.  After taking the guns out to the range a few times I care more about how it feels.

IIRC Vulcan also sells a B&T clone stock, no experience with it, but it is cheap...

If its the one that SG had stay away from it.  I just got my B&T yesterday.  Its AWSOME.  The only thing I do not like about it is it does not lock in the folded position.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I just leave mine in the open position. I fold it to stow in the carry case. It is awesome. Great on the SP89/MP5K (has registered sear) and the HK94.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the info guys wish i knew this sooner then i could of saved $200 and bought the standard fixed stock  model and then purchased a real HK stock , Hopfully this thread will keep others from making the same mistake as i did.

so any one got a real HK collapsable for sale ?

Vulcan will take it back but they have a 12% restocking fee sucks since im sending their crap back to them.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#16]
small price to pay for a mistake you won't make again  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#17]
You can donate it to me, and I can weld it shut for use on my pistol build... as long as ATF confirms it will be fine after welding closed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top