Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 3:42:57 PM EDT
hi everyone , trying to decide pros & cons of a 16 or 20" barrel length,can't buy both,but can't decide which
one... thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just get the 20" and have it cut down to 18"?

What are you going to use the gun for?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I would get 16" just because it is handier, and the ballistics difference, about 125-150 fps from what I measured, is not enough to matter for me in the case of .308 ammo.  I suppose there may be an accuracy advantage for the heavier longer barrel, but I did not buy mine to be a bullseye target gun or any sort of precision rifle.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The factory barrel length options for the PTRs are 16 inch and 18 inch, there's no 20 inch barrel available that I know of.  ARKAR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top