Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 3:26:37 PM EDT
A month ago now I placed an order with Top Notch using that silly spreadsheet thing of theirs.  I got a call a week afterward to confirm my credit card and they said they had what I wanted and would be shipping.  No dice, then they finally answered an email a week ago when I inquired and said they would get it out right away, but still nothing, no charges, no shipment, and now I am 5 days without a response to my last email.

Before I start calling them again Monday, is this just par for the course with this outfit or am I have an unusual problem with a usually reliable vendor?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
It's typical. Slow to respond, slow to ship.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's typical. Slow to respond, slow to ship.

Oh boy
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
a dangling, unfilled order is very frustrating..they have all your credit info so you can't ignore them..as a suggestion, if you are tired of waiting, then send them a demand letter with a drop dead date (typically 7 days) and tell them to provide shipping/tracking number..tell them that any part of the order not shipped by the drop dead date is canceled
i had to go through this with GG&G, and it solved the problem
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
When I ordered some extractor springs for my SW5 they seemed to take a long time but I
e-mailed them about the status.  In 2 days I got a non reply e-mail with the tracking number.

They never did respond directly to my e-mail but I did get the indirect track info.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I've done business with Top Notch a couple of different times...great success both times.  More recently (a week to 10 days ago) I placed an order for the PSP/SP10 rails.  I FAXED in my order w/my C'card info and the part #s that I wanted.  I got the order shipped to my door yesterday.  So, it took about a week total after sending off the FAXED order.

Try sending them a FAX w/your concerns and/or your order info.  Maybe that will work...though you shouldn't have to go to that extreme.

Just trying to help...

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
One word: Top-Notch "SUCK!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top