Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 6:01:10 PM EDT
Who shoots Wolf in their PTR91? I was thinking of buying some of the good surplus ammo and stash it away and get Wolf to plink with. I figure that if I can shoot wolf in my ar15 than a PTR91 should handle wolf wih no problem
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't do it...

Wolf will put laquer in your chamber flutes and it will be very hard to clean...

img529.imageshack.us/img529/8624/dscf11041uc.jpg

Your AR or AK might be able to handle it but on an HK roller locked rifle, it will catch up with you eventually...

I have not tried the new polymer coated cases...

ETA:

You just duped a topic on the very first page:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=193882

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap how in the hell I missed that one. I guess no one wants to get next to me at the range. So poly ok but lac no.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't do it...

Wolf will put laquer in your chamber flutes and it will be very hard to clean...

img529.imageshack.us/img529/8624/dscf11041uc.jpg

Your AR or AK might be able to handle it but on an HK roller locked rifle, it will catch up with you eventually...

I have not tried the new polymer coated cases...

ETA:

You just duped a topic on the very first page:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=193882

only old Wolf has laquor i think, the new ones are just poly coated....wolf seems to be fine for ptrs
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I've run WOLF in my V-93 and SAR-3 without problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top