Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 12:45:30 PM EDT
Specifically, what do you use and how do you use it?  I am having a dickens of a time getting all the crud out of the area where the rollers lock into the trunion.  I just can't get at all sides of it.

Help please.

Eric
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that the area just behind the chamber?

I used to use an old t shirt and my pinky finger in a hundred different contortions to get that area clean.  Q-tips and Hoppes for the final gunk!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a set of dental picks and a hard bristle tooth brush.  Be ready to spend about 2 hrs cleaning if you want to get the entire weapon spotless.  My only gripe about HK's.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, that brush shown above is what I use.  Makes cleaning the breach and trunion areas a much easier job.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
PERFECT!  Thanks, osprey.

Eric
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
wow that is perfect, ill be picking one of them up...or maybe 2
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
tag to order later
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
That would be a great tool.  I agree, you do have a lot of cleaning inside the
HK reciever.  
Especially  for gun thats not  a gas gun.  For all the AR "it shits where it eats" comments
I'd rather clean up my ARs anytime before I tackle my HK or HK clones.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For all the AR "it shits where it eats" comments

Hell yeah.  There's something just basically wrong with a system that requires a fluted chamber!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That would be a great tool.  I agree, you do have a lot of cleaning inside the
HK reciever.  
Especially  for gun thats not  a gas gun.  For all the AR "it shits where it eats" comments

+ a billion  

BTW, someone just brought to market a sort of shield to drop over/around the AR trigger parts to keep blown-out primers from jamming the works.  I just saw it in the latest Shotgun News but can't remember off the top of my head who made/sold it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For all the AR "it shits where it eats" comments

Hell yeah.  There's something just basically wrong with a system that requires a fluted chamber!

Except for the fact that it's more reliable and it will function even if the extractor is broken or missing.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I use a 9mm brass brush and it works the same as the HK one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Fluted chambers are not required... HK fluted the chambers so that they would still extract with a broken extractor.  You may get an ejection failure, but at least the shell casing extracts from the chamber.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Specifically, what do you use and how do you use it?  I am having a dickens of a time getting all the crud out of the area where the rollers lock into the trunion.  I just can't get at all sides of it.

Help please.

Eric

I clean my HKs in a parts washer filled with MiraChem. They also have a product specifially for gun cleaner that I think is at least as good as MPro 7, and for much less $$$. Check out the web site -- they even offer a free sample 3.75 ounce bottle so you can try out it.

When I didn't have a parts washer, I used good old fashioned brake cleaner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top