Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 7:17:19 AM EDT
Does anyone know if this HK-91 WIDE Forearm will fit on a standard PTR-91?
http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=1197&Category_Code=HKA+HK91G3+STOCKS
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it will.  All OEM HK furniture will swap onto a JLD PTR.  At least that has been my experience.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it will fit.

The ones at FGW and other places are rather expensive however.

I wanted a wide forearm on my PTR91 so I got one off of gunbroker.  Would have used the EE but I was a bit too late, and didn't want to wait for another one to pop up. The one I got was green and in pretty good shape and only $35.  I dyed it black (very easy procedure) and it turned out great.  You would never know it had been green.

Unless you want a new one, save yourself $100 and buy more ammo and mags.

HTH

Seydou
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Just put a used HK wide forearm on my JLD this past week and it works just fine.  Was a little bit of a tight fit though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
i got one more wide handguard available, its green...just a heads up for you.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes it will fit.

I wanted a wide forearm on my PTR91 so I got one off of gunbroker.  Would have used the EE but I was a bit too late, and didn't want to wait for another one to pop up. The one I got was green and in pretty good shape and only $35.  I dyed it black (very easy procedure) and it turned out great.  You would never know it had been green.

HTH

Seydou

What is that procedure? If I may ask?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes it will fit.

HTH

Seydou

I started with the instructions I found in this thread from HKPRO.com  (scroll down and read posts from joehk).

I did it a bit differently however.

Only used one large aluminum turkey pan.
Put pan in oven.
Heated big stock pot full of water to boiling, filled pan halfway with hot water.
Added two bottles of liquid Rit black dye (dye will mix itself).
Put handguard  in pan and then used pyrex measuring cup to fill pan until water/dye covered handguard.
Set oven to lowest temp ("warm") which kept the oven 175-200.
Left handguard in for two hours, rotated once in that time.
Removed handguard, rinsed thoroughly, blew dry with compressor.
Emptied turkey pan.
Put handguard back into the now turned off oven on top of a hot pad for several minutes to get rid of any additional moisture (this step might be excessive and unnecessary).
Then removed handguard, let cool and sprayed with CLP.

It turned out great.

Remember to tie a string to the handguard and leave it hanging out of the pan so you can turn and remove handguard without needing rubber gloves.

And definitely do not try to move the pan when it is filled more than about 1/4 with water/dye.  Use the measuring cup to transfer the water/dye to a bucket or the sink.

I would post pictures of before and after but my main computer is down and all I am left with is this POS stone age laptop that is barely sufficient for cruising ARFCOM.

HTH and good luck.

Seydou
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Also add 1 bottle of dark green dye.  

Trust me.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes it will fit.

HTH

Seydou

I started with the instructions I found in this thread from HKPRO.com  (scroll down and read posts from joehk).

I did it a bit differently however.

Only used one large aluminum turkey pan.
Put pan in oven.
Heated big stock pot full of water to boiling, filled pan halfway with hot water.
Put handguard  in pan and then used pyrex measuring cup to fill pan until water/dye covered handguard.
Set oven to lowest temp ("warm") which kept the oven 175-200.
Left handguard in for two hours, rotated once in that time.
Removed handguard, rinsed thoroughly, blew dry with compressor.
Emptied turkey pan.
Put handguard back into the now turned off oven on top of a hot pad for several minutes to get rid of any additional moisture (this step might be excessive and unnecessary).
Then removed handguard, let cool and sprayed with CLP.

It turned out great.

Remember to tie a string to the handguard and leave it hanging out of the pan so you can turn and remove handguard without needing rubber gloves.

And definitely do not try to move the pan when it is filled more than about 1/4 with water/dye.  Use the measuring cup to transfer the water/dye to a bucket or the sink.

I would post pictures of before and after but my main computer is down and all I am left with is this POS stone age laptop that is barely sufficient for cruising ARFCOM.

HTH and good luck.

Seydou

Thanks man, the only reason I hesitated at all from buying the rifle I did was those stupid toy looking light green handgaurds, now it is going to be dang near ideal.

Assuming of course I don't manage to somehow turn it into a disaster.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Trust me.  

What will the dark green do?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me.  

Using black alone will give it a purple-ish tint.  Adding dark green to the mix cancels out the purple.

Trust me.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me.  

Using black alone will give it a purple-ish tint.  Adding dark green to the mix cancels out the purple.

Trust me.

I'll add pink dye if it'll make my rifle look better in the end. I was just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Others might have different results, but mine was that the green dye was not needed.

There is no purple tint whatsoever.

Seydou
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but will that wide handguard also fit the PTR-91K that has the 16.25" barrel?

I am just now beginning to learn about these styles of rifles, and assume the standard PTR is 18" barreled while the 91k is 16.25"

It would seem to me that it won't fit because of this, or am I mistaken?
I'm sitting here looking at 3 models at Atlantic Firearms(KP, F, K). The forearm pictured with the KP model doesn't look long enough to fit on the F model which I assume is the standard model...please advise.
I think I found my answer...what I would need is an HK33 or G3K wide forearm to fit a PTR-91k/kp :)

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:.
I think I found my answer...what I would need is an HK33 or G3K wide forearm to fit a PTR-91k/kp :)

Correct!

Edited to add: HK93 forearm will work also-which is the same as HK33 forearm, which you probably already know.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top