Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 6:04:01 AM EDT
I'm trying to remove the butt cap on my PTR-91 to install an E&L stock extension.

Anyone have a "simple" method to get the darned thing off, before I bugger it up with a screwdriver, mallet, or chain saw ???

Thanks,

EE
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Put the buttpad in a vise and pull straight up on the stock, should come right off.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the vise.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The buttcap on my PTR91 was glued inplace.  There are many site that you can buy a whole new stock and buttcap for very little.  Sorry
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The buttcap on my PTR91 was glued inplace.

You're right... I need to stop thinking of these as HK's.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#5]
"The buttcap on my PTR91 was glued inplace"

Meaning, you couldn't get it off w/ the vise method ???

Where's my chain saw ................................................. !!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#6]
As others said, the JLD buttpiece is glued in place and is not normally serviceable as a seperate part.  Eh, it's cheap and required to meet the dumb 922 regulations.  

Just buy a real HK buttstock with a removeable buttpiece.  Then either use a padded vise or if you're ghetto like me, a wooden doorway/door and jam it between the door and door jam, then pull hard.  (Or carefully use a screwdriver or padded Vise-grips and pry it off.)

Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top