Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 5:15:18 PM EDT
I looked into having one made but no receivers and 2.5 k in parts and labor for a used gun!
I think I just might buy one and take my chances even if I have to send it to someone who can fix it I might be money ahead.
I have not heard anything latley about vector making these !
Your thought's please!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for it.  Even having to get it tweaked by an HK smith its still cheaper than a parts kit build.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Just wait.....

Vector will eventualy be assembling these.  No need to rush it and roll the dice, IMO.

Plus you have SHOT in 2.5 weeks, there might be some other things that catch your eye  

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you get a German HK94 and have the barrel chopped and refinished?

Sure, it might cost you slightly more, but you will actually have a weapon that is consistently reliable and retains its value.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why don't you get a German HK94 and have the barrel chopped and refinished?

Sure, it might cost you slightly more, but you will actually have a weapon that is consistently reliable and retains its value.

I'm guessing he doesn't want a 9mm, or else he'd get a 94 or BW5.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I looked into having one made but no receivers and 2.5 k in parts and labor for a used gun!
I think I just might buy one and take my chances even if I have to send it to someone who can fix it I might be money ahead.
Your thought's please!

I know of parts kits for less than $1K. However, the MP5-40 receivers are hard to get. I called Vector but could not get the receiver alone.

FYI, Vector doesn't have plans to make these in house.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Commando,

I say go for it. I was essentially in the same boat as you.  Really wanted a semi auto MP5/10.  But wasn't willing to pay $6000 for one.

I put myself on the waiting list for a Cohaire/Special Weapons/Vector clone and am now the proud owner of one.  Have I had problems?  Gun never ejected properly.  Bolt hold open device broke.  Gun shot about 6" to the left at 7.5 yards.  Gun is currently at Cohaire for a repair.  Vector has covered all shipping.

Will it come back fully functional?  Well they've supposedly got it running 100% and have it bore sighted.  If the gun comes back 100% I'm a happy camper and it will definitely be worth the minor aggravation I've been through.

If the gun still has problems, it's off to Jayson who hopefully will be able to get it to function.  Even if he charges me a couple of hundred bucks - it's still a lot cheaper than any other alternative I have available to me.  

If you want a 10mm version, I'd act fast though.   Cohaire has stopped mfg. these.  I don't think Vector is going to pick up where Cohaire left off.  I think a total of 40-50 were made in the 10mm version and that includes at least three different configurations.  I think even fewer made in .357.

If you don't mind the .40 S&W version, that would probably be the way to go.  This seems to be the least problematic and most reliable of the 3 versions Cohaire is making.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Pippen ,
I really want the .357 sig pistol  and 10  mm would be great but the cost of ammo they way I shoot would drive me to the poor house !
the 40.cal is the most practical and would be fine tough decision !

how long has your gun been back at vector/ coharie? I would hope these latest gun would have most of the bugs worked out of them .
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your thought's please!

I know of parts kits for less than $1K. However, the MP5-40 receivers are hard to get. I called Vector but could not get the receiver alone.

FYI, Vector doesn't have plans to make these in house.

Thats the problem really no receivers !
getting a 40 parts kit plus the labor and the receiver makes me want to just buy one of these and pray it works or send it to iga and have him fix it ! The receiver will be the the same anyway you look at it  worse case is to just buy the thing for the receiver pick up a parts kit and start from scratch!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn't you already have a 357 sig model you didn't like that ended up going back?  If you didn't like that why bother trying again?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Didn't you already have a 357 sig model you didn't like that ended up going back?  If you didn't like that why bother trying again?

desparate people do desparate things!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top