Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 8:56:43 AM EDT
Picking up my A3 stock from Centerfire Monday.  Concerned about finish damage as these supposedly fit pretty tight.  Anything I can do, such as filing some material off the rails?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering about that myself (have one coming for a V51 SBR project).  I'd planned on lubricating the heck out of the rail slots and hope for the best.  I'm wondering how thick the finish will be on the rails after Vector redoes it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The finish on the JLD PTR 91 sucks! Specially for a pricey rifle. I already scratched mine somehow and I have been babying it.

My guess is that the thing is going to end up scratched no matter what.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The finish on the JLD PTR 91 sucks! Specially for a pricey rifle. I already scratched mine somehow and I have been babying it.

Pricey?????????? It's about the most economical and closest HK clone for the money you'll get without spend $2000.00 plus for an HK - I've had my JLD for almost a year and not-a-scratch - PS It's a battle rifle, not Weatherby.  You want a beauty, buy a beauty  - The G3 IMHO is not most esthetic looking rifle out there, but it works.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pricey?????????? It's about the most economical and closest HK clone for the money you'll get without spend $2000.00 plus for an HK - I've had my JLD for almost a year and not-a-scratch - PS It's a battle rifle, not Weatherby.  You want a beauty, buy a beauty  - The G3 IMHO is not most esthetic looking rifle out there, but it works.  

I agree totaly, but he's also correct that the finish is really not that durable.  Military rifle producers don't care.  It may not be durable, but it is sure effective at preventing rust if there's parkerizing under that paint.

Now, how about that fitting issue?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHAT?!?!?

This rifle is beeeautiful!

No doubt that it is not expensive compared to a HK, but still a pretty expensive toy. I mean for $1200 I could have bought (another ) AR and started loading it up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHAT?!?!?

This rifle is beeeautiful!

No doubt that it is not expensive compared to a HK, but still a pretty expensive toy. I mean for $1200 I could have bought (another ) AR and started loading it up.

Ricky, you're no noob......where the heck did you see a PTR at $1,200? I can get a brand new PTR91F from Sarco for $700?  Show me a cheaper and higher quality .308.  If you can I will buy it (when I get some money )
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ricky, you're no noob......where the heck did you see a PTR at $1,200? I can get a brand new PTR91F from Sarco for $700?  Show me a cheaper and higher quality .308.  If you can I will buy it (when I get some money )

Well there were two factors at work, 1) It had a collapsing stock, and 2) Apparently I am making too much money now because my gun purchases seem to be increasingly less planned out or researched. (Oh, and 3) It was only $1150 before taxes)

On the plus side, the guys at the gun shop are always pretty happy to see me walk in the door.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well there were two factors at work, 1) It had a collapsing stock, and 2) Apparently I am making too much money now because my gun purchases seem to be increasingly less planned out or researched. (Oh, and 3) It was only $1150 before taxes)

On the plus side, the guys at the gun shop are always pretty happy to see me walk in the door.

BTW, Ive got some prime mountian property you might be.....oh, nevermind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top