Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 11:33:55 AM EDT
I just ordered a Leapers off of  Airsplat.com, they had the best price of $14 I could find and most places were sold out. I bought it off of the many high reccomendations I have seen here. I saved over $100 over the B&T mount. Hopefully it is every bit as good as it sounds. I'll post back after I get it and mount it to my JLD PTR 91.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Mounted one of those on mine with my Aimpoint Comp C, after three range sessions and about 500 rounds it is holding up just fine, zero is staying right where it is supposed to be, nothing coming loose.  I guess time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one on my BW5 with an Eotech and am absolutely happy with it
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Airsplat is backordered I ordered mine a week or so ago and then finally emailed them asking what was up and they said it might be 2-3 weeks until they get them.  So don't be surprised if it doesn't show up on your doorstep for a while.... :<
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess airsoft stuff isn't all worthless junk.  It just seems kinda cheesy using an airsoft piece on an $1100 rifle.   I would expect all airsoft to be plastic.  

If you guys swear by it it must be good.  I guess for $14.95 it is worth a shot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Airsplat is backordered I ordered mine a week or so ago and then finally emailed them asking what was up and they said it might be 2-3 weeks until they get them.  So don't be surprised if it doesn't show up on your doorstep for a while.... :<

No Crap? They told me it was instock! I'll call tomorrow and double check.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
cheaperthandirt.com has them and ships orders fast.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The leapers mount wasn't created for airsoft guns, it just happens that it also fits airsoft copies and is priced right for that crowd.  I own one B&T universal mount and 3 of the leapers.  I'll never buy a B&T again since the leapers copy is identical.  I don't feel at all bad about sticking a $15 mount on a $3000 gun, it's just a hunk of aluminum after all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I just tell people it's an 'unmarked' B&T.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Remember what someone far wiser than myself once said, "If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid".

Another favorite quote comes from a trainer I once learned from who said "Always cheat, Always win".

Eric
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered one from Airsplat.com for $25 after shipping.  Shipping rates are high at that site.  I feel like an AR-15 fanboy again by purchasing airsoft equipment for a rifle.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They are INSTOCK and shipping. I just called and they told me my HK scope mount has already shipped!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I got 2 of them and nether fit on my original 91
they both seem to get hung up on the lip on the farmost rear mount lip thingy
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Got Dremel?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Do you have a picture of the place where it gets hung up?  I remember the mount being very tight on my PTR and it took a slight "slap" to get it into place (however it does not affect the function of the bolt).

-JZ
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#15]
It doesn't seem to fit at first on my BW89 but if you work with it for a minute you'll get it on there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the same problem with the B&T mount as well as the leapers mount on my original 91.  The tab right by the sight was a bit too thick.  I seated the mount as far down as I could then attached the mounting feet and screws.  By tightening the mount screws I was able to get it seated flush with the receiver.  It might have scratched the finish on that tab by doing it but I haven't taken it off to check.

But the point is, the B&T mount had the exact same problem, so you aren't out anything by not paying the extra $100.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are INSTOCK and shipping. I just called and they told me my HK scope mount has already shipped!

I hope that is the case I will have to give them a call next week hopefully they just got a shipment in or something...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top